2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2009 8:19 AM by Luke Pearce

nothing showing up in design view but code still present!?

Luke Pearce

I have been working on a project for a number of weeks now. I have been editing the code and saving it and its all been fine. Today I saved my project after ammending something and when i re-opened it nothing shows up in the design view at all. it just has a blank state that i cant use. If i switch to code view the whole project and all its components are still there.

Ive tried re-setting the layout, the workspace, restarting catalyst, restarting my macbook but nothing is working. Has anybody else experienced anything like this?

If i copy and paste the code/components into a new project will it show up in the design view?

thanks for any help,

Luke.

• 1. Re: nothing showing up in design view but code still present!?
          Tvoliter Adobe Employee

Hi Luke,

If you try and run this project does Catalyst give you a compile error? If it does, switch to code view and see what problems are listed in the problems panel. My guess is that a bug caused Catalyst to write bad code at one point and design view is choking on it.

If you can identify the bad code you may be able to use this workaround:

- rename the .fxp file to .zip

- you can now get to the contents of the .fxp file since it is really a zip file. Open the zip file and use a text editor to delete the offending code

- rename the the file back to .fxp

Note, this process is only recommended for recovery files. Catalyst may not work if you perform arbitrary code editing.

Ty

• 2. Re: nothing showing up in design view but code still present!?
            Luke Pearce Level 1

Thanks for your reply! I sorted out all the code errors and then refreshed everything and now its all come back!

Thanks!