6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2009 1:32 PM by Tom Usrey

Arial Bold Italic font - need

SNOWYETI

Any bright individual have an idea where I can find this font?

• 1. Re: Arial Bold Italic font - need
          Jacob Bugge MVP & Adobe Community Professional

It should turn up as an option under/beside Arial in the Type>Font dropdown or in the Character palette dropdown.

Are you saying that you cannot access Arial at all, or that you can only access some other style(s), such as regular/italic/bold?

If the former, you need to get the font (again)

Iif the latter, there may be different possible causes including preference corruption; you may try to Move the folder with Illy closed. It may not be enough just to Ctrl/Cmd+Alt/Option+Shift at startup.

• 2. Re: Arial Bold Italic font - need
            SNOWYETI Level 1

Okay, yes, it should, but it doesn't. Arial black is selected, and the only option is "regular". This is also causing the "mising font" to display  when opening a file.

I found a folder titled 13 with en_US after it, moved it, did nothing....

• 3. Re: Arial Bold Italic font - need
              Harron K. Appleman Level 4

Please state your operating system.

• 4. Re: Arial Bold Italic font - need

Snowyeti,

I found a folder titled 13 with en_US after it, moved it, did nothing....

That is not the folder in question. I believe you should move it back.

Presuming you have CS3, the folder name should be Adobe Illustrator CS3 Settings.

Similar for other versions from CS on.

Can you access the Arial Bold Italic, and other styles, in other applications? If so, the issue is in Illy. If not, something may be missing in the Fonts folder (Window speak, I do not know the folder name in Mac), but that is more unlikely.

• 5. Re: Arial Bold Italic font - need
                  Tom Usrey Level 3

I'm pretty sure that if all you're seeing is Arial Black, Arial Bold Italic won't be with it. Arial Bold Italic will either be a standalone font, or a part of the Arial package (Regular, Italic, Bold, Bold Italic) which doesn't include Arial Black.

• 6. Re: Arial Bold Italic font - need

Tom Usrey wrote:

I'm pretty sure that if all you're seeing is Arial Black, Arial Bold Italic won't be with it. Arial Bold Italic will either be a standalone font, or a part of the Arial package (Regular, Italic, Bold, Bold Italic) which doesn't include Arial Black.

There may be some differences. I am still with 10 and XP, and the Arial styles here are Regular/Italic/Bold/Bold Italic/Black.