3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2009 7:06 AM by ladyofthethorns

PreE7 Produced DVD with Projection

ladyofthethorns

I am using Premeire Elements 7 to produce a video to DVD/NTSC/Standard format for purposes of playing from a DVD player with Video output to a projector with a 4:3 default aspect ratio (Viewsonic model # PJ501 to be precise).

My tests of the process thus far are give a strange affect to the photos when projected and I'm wondering if this is just an anomaly of the projector or if I need to do something else with my PreE7 settings, or possibly my still photos, before creating my video output.  The strange affect is this, the photos have a vertical, striped affect to them (red and yellow).  This only happens when I display using the projector, if I play to a television or to my computer, the images look fine.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Lady of the Thorns (aka Rose)

• 1. Re: PreE7 Produced DVD with Projection
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

When you use photos in a video, it's always best to deinterlace them.

To do this, right-click on each photo on your timeline and select Field Options and check the Flicker Removal option.

• 2. Re: PreE7 Produced DVD with Projection
            ladyofthethorns Level 1

Steve Grisetti wrote:

When you use photos in a video, it's always best to deinterlace them.

To do this, right-click on each photo on your timeline and select Field Options and check the Flicker Removal option.

I've done as you indicated and created another test DVD but have the same results; the images show with vertical lines of red and yellow.  I was reading the Help Doc that comes on the CD with PreE7 and the portion that covers deinterlacing and flicker removal mentions that these options fix problems that cause horizontal lines, not the vertical ones I am seeing (I'm even seeing it on the Menu screen which was from one of the Disc Menu scenes that come with PreE7).

I'm thinking that, since my DVD is displaying fine when I send to a TV or to my Computer but shows the vertical lines only when I project the images with the Viewsonic projector, the problem must lie in the projection itself.

---------------------

If anyone has any experiences with the use of a projector to display their videos and might have any information for me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Lady of the Thorns (aka Rose)

• 3. Re: PreE7 Produced DVD with Projection
              ladyofthethorns Level 1

ladyofthethorns wrote:

I'm thinking that, since my DVD is displaying fine when I send to a TV or to my Computer but shows the vertical lines only when I project the images with the Viewsonic projector, the problem must lie in the projection itself.

---------------------

I'm sure now that the problem is with the projection itself, should anyone care, this is what I discovered...

In another test run of playing my video with projection, rather than feed from my DVD player I played from my laptop; however, I first reset the display settings of the laptop to 800x600.  Problem solved, no more colored, vertical lines.  It seems that the projector was affecting the quality of it's output when it was adjusting it's native projection size to accommodate the larger, display setting I had previously of 1024x768.

Although I have "solved my problem" with the use of my laptop, the problem of colored, vertical lines still occurs if I use my DVD player for projection.  I don't think that it's probably possible to tell my DVD player to display smaller...

Lady of the Thorns

(aka Rose)