3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2009 1:16 PM by Patrick Leckey

Custom script needed

Transcon Guy Level 1

I am actually looking for someone who can create a custom script for my naming issue. The following are what I'm looking for Acrobat.

- Splitting multiple pages PDF to single pages PDF

- Renaming exported PDFs with a custom name (optional) and more importantly, having the possibility to choose a starting number. For example, if my chapter 2 begins with page 20, I want my exported PDFs to be named : Chapter2_20.pdf, Chapter2_21.pdf, Chapter2_22.pdf... Some book have more than 1000 pages. A 4 digit sequence number could work.

- Working with Mac's and PC's.

- Working with Acrobat Pro 8 and 9.

- If possible, the filename of exported PDFs should have no spaces. An underscore will be fine between the filename and the sequence number.

- If possible, putting the trigger of your script into Acrobat's menu bar "Document", below split pages.

- If possible, bypass the Acrobat limitation to split multipages PDF over 2 Gig to single page PDF.

- Easy installation.

You must know this script will be installed on our client's computer to generate well named PDF to be sent to our workflow.

Please, let me know if you are interested and contact me for any questions about my requirements. Let me know also what would be the price range. I have until October 16th 2009 to present a solution to the naming issue. Legal terms will be see after. You are all welcome to show me your achievements or website .

Evan

• 1. Re: Custom script needed
          Patrick Leckey Level 3
          - If possible, bypass the Acrobat limitation to split multipages PDF over 2 Gig to single page PDF.

What exactly do you mean by that?

• 2. Re: Custom script needed
            Transcon Guy Level 1

When a PDF is over 2 GB, Acrobat can not split or extract to single page PDF. An error about I/O appear. When this occur, I have to reduce the PDF below 2 GB via a "save as optimized PDF" or delete pages from PDF.

• 3. Re: Custom script needed
              Patrick Leckey Level 3

That is a physical limit of a 32-bit version of Windows XP, not Acrobat.

The 32-bit version of Windows XP can only address up to 4GB of memory.  Windows XP divides this evenly - 2GB for kernel space, 2GB for application space.  Since Acrobat needs to open the PDF file to work on it and because of how PDF files are structured, it needs to keep that file in memory.  If it hits the 2GB limit, then you have no more space left that the OS will allow for that application to do things like create a new document.