8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2009 4:41 AM by Mylenium

Adobe After Effects CS4 Installation

Gravious123

My previous thread: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/498669

I Made this new thread, because i though nobody would look at the old one

System Info:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------------

Windows XP - Home Edition

Version 2002

Service Pack 3

Dell Dimension DIM9100

Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz

Free Space on Hard Drive (C:) = 60,4GB (C:\Temp) is 60,4GB available.

Free Space on External Disk (L:) = 84,1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------------

I tried to extract the trail in L:\Program Files\Adobe After Effects CS4, but it crashed at the end, and gave me a Dont Send/Send Report window.

I also tried C:\Program Files\Adobe After Effects CS4, but i also crashed.

Then i extracting the *.7z file to "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CS4" and tried to run setup.exe,

But it also crashed when i double clicked it.. Leaving me with the same Dont Send/Send Report window.

Here are some screens of my steps.  (I made a gallery on ImageShack)

Link: http://img126.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=step2f.jpg

Its all in dutch because my system is Dutch.

Can anyone help me out, i really want to use this super cool program

Gravious

• 1. Re: Adobe After Effects CS4 Installation
          Adolfo Rozenfeld Adobe Employee

Gravious: In this page, you'll find an option to get contact info for Adobe tech support in the Netherlands. I suggest you get in touch with them.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Adobe After Effects CS4 Installation
            Gravious123 Level 1

Okay,

But where in that section should i go ?.

If anyone knows it, post a reply

• 3. Re: Adobe After Effects CS4 Installation
              Adolfo Rozenfeld Adobe Employee

In that page, there's a menu with countries/languages (below "North America...").

There's an option for "Netherlands - Dutch", and I am pretty sure, when you select that, one of the options below is telephone contact info... but my Dutch is not that good

• 4. Re: Adobe After Effects CS4 Installation
                Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Well, for starters, I wouldn't extract the installer packages to the place where later the program will reside (C:\Program Files\Adobe). that is bound to cause any number of conflicts in the installer because source location = target location. Please move the files out of that directory to a neutral location. The same may even be true for your L: drive due to similarity in folder structure. That aside, your computer is not the newest one. While CS4 should run on P4 processors, there are no guarantees, so even a call to support may not resolve the matter. Since the setup crashes right away, it is more likely that some critical system library is missing or it5 really cannot handle your processor. For the first, run a manula Windows Update and include a few extra components like . NET runtime. You may also need to install additional MSVC runtimes, so stop by at the Microsoft site. Regarding the processor, you should look into turning off hyperthreading in the BIOS and/or tweaking other settings like SSE support or interrupt handling. sometimes this helps.

Mylenium

• 5. Re: Adobe After Effects CS4 Installation
                  Gravious123 Level 1

Okay,

I'll try installing the trial on my new Laptop, which has a better processor. But windows Vista, and im not used to that yet

EDIT:

When i click download trial, and then select Dutch - Windows. And press download or Go. It opens a window which tells me something about Adobe Download Manager. As i already said, my laptop is quite new and i might need some software for the Manager to run. Because it just starts refreshing each 2 seconds.

At my old computer it just showed a download manager. So please help me with this as well

• 6. Adobe After Effects CS4 Installation
                    acestrares

Hello! I need some help! i have installed win7 and after effects cs4 and activated, but the window telling me that it;s going to install some codecs never appears. same with Soundbooth CS4. Can you tell me what the problem is?

• 7. Re: Adobe After Effects CS4 Installation
                      As i already said, my laptop is quite new and i might need some software for the Manager to run. Because it just starts refreshing each 2 seconds.

That would be Java Runtime (www.java.com), assuming it's Firefox or anotehr browser. In Internet Explorer, it wants toi install an ActiveX control, which is merely a matter of setting teh security permissions.

Mylenium

• 8. Re: Adobe After Effects CS4 Installation

Why would you want this Window to appear? If the proigram was isntalled with the correct serial, the CoDecs are already there. The post-install install only happens, when you activate a product that was previously only used as a trial (or after failed updates sometimes). If you stil ldo not see any MPEG-related CoDecs and otehr stuff, try launching the programs under the full administrator account or re-install under same.

Mylenium