2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2009 4:30 PM by the_wine_snob

How to tell if you are buying a full version or upgrade

rwright415

buying adobe premiere pro cs3 - how can you tell from the numbers on the packaging if it is a full version (commercial) or educational or just an upgrade, I was on hold for nearly 2 hours with adobe customer service and nobody picked up.

cheers

• 1. Re: How to tell if you are buying a full version or upgrade
          Phil Griffith Level 2

not sure about the numbers on the package, but I believe their should be some label saying it's an upgrade. There is no difference in upgrade and the full version in that the upgrade is a full version as well except that it will ask for proof of previous edition before it will install.

• 2. Re: How to tell if you are buying a full version or upgrade
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Are you buying from the Adobe Store? The package WILL state whether it's the full, an upgrade (see Phil's comment), or the eductional version.

Are you buying from a certified reseller? The package SHOULD give the full details.

Are you buying from eBay? Who knows what you'll get, or whether it will work?

Are you buying from an individual? Other than asking them, and trusting them, I'm not sure that there's a way to tell. Maybe a certain UPC on a clean shrink-wrapped box could yield a clue.

Note: if you need a key-gen, or similar, for the installation key and for a S/N, it will certainly be bogus. I realize that you know this, but I felt that I had to include it for any others.

Good luck,

Hunt