5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2009 6:44 PM by premier169

rendering and export problem.

premier169

Hi guys.

i'm using adobe premiere CS4. it works great and like it alot. my only problem is rendering and specialy Exporting movie to any format takes alot of time. i have to wait 30mins to export 3mins video. it shouldn't be normal.My pc is also not bad so don't think it's my pc's problem. got 4Gb memory and dualcore process and ATiI hd with 512MB memory graohic card. so can you help please? is there any codec or addon that makes it faster? or?

• 1. Re: rendering and export problem.
          Jim_Simon Level 8

What source media?  What export settings?

• 2. Re: rendering and export problem.
            premier169 Level 1

i haved mostly used wmv videos and tried all options on export setting. (not home at the moment, so can't remember all setting) but problem is same.

and other problem is when add some effect to video or anything the preview screen is very slow also but problem solves when i press "ENTER" and premiere start to render. and that takes alot of times and i have to press everytime after changes "ENTER". that means 30mins movie with few effect and export them, takes almost 12h :/

• 3. Re: rendering and export problem.
              the_wine_snob Level 9
              i haved mostly used wmv videos and tried all options on export setting.

Does this mean that the source footage is .WMV? If so, that is NOT a good choice. If that is all that you have available, then I would convert outside of PrPro, using a conversion program that allows batch conversion. I have to do this from time to time, and batch conversions are quick - quicker than processing .WMV's in PrPro.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: rendering and export problem.
                premier169 Level 1

i'll try o use other formats then. do you have any idea what would be a best format to handle in PrPro? since i'm using FormatFactory program so i can convert MWV to almost any format that i want.

and by the way, thanks alot for help m8s

• 5. Re: rendering and export problem.
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

For SD material, there is no better format/CODEC, than DV-AVI Type II w/ 48KHz 16-bit PCM/WAV Audio.

I use DigitalMedia Converter, but it costs ~US$50. It has batch processing, and has worked with 99% of the formats/CODEC's, that I get handed. I load it up with all sorts of "stuff," and go get a cup of coffee (or two), and when I return, all files are converted.

Besides .WMV being labor intensive to edit, most of the CODEC's have heavily compressed the footage. The compression on DV-AVI Type II is very, very slight. Most cannot notice it, regardless of the playback medium. Again, for SD material, it's "as good as it gets."

If one must have true lossless Export/conversion, then Lagarith is a good choice. It is free and lossless.

Good luck,

Hunt