2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2009 5:57 AM by gouki9

Problem Installing Beta 2 on Snow Leopard (10.6.x)

gouki9

No matter what I've tried, I constantly get a message to close all of my open browsers.  I have no browsers opened.  I have tried installing on my mac pro as well as my macbook pro.  It does install fine under Leopard (10.5.x).  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Problem Installing Beta 2 on Snow Leopard (10.6.x)
          C. Agruss (Adobe) Level 3

Hi,

Sorry that got stuck on your machine.

Here are some things to try, if you haven't already:

- try looking in the Force Quit dialog (Apple > Force Quit) to make sure nothing else is running, other than the Finder

- check your account's Login Items (Preferences > Accounts >Login Items), to see if there are any web-related programs auto-running, such as iTunes Helper, etc.

- restart Snow Leopard, to make sure no other programs are held open

Let me know whether one of those works for your config.

Thanks,

-Chris

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Problem Installing Beta 2 on Snow Leopard (10.6.x)
            gouki9 Level 1

I have rebooted as well as tried force quitting the itunes helper and still no luck.  The only things I have starting at login are some mounted shares.  I installed Leopard (10.5) on a separate drive and it installed without any problem there.  I'm thinking that something in the installer is wigging out.

*Updated: I have figured out the problem.  I started killing more items in the activity monitor until I found the right one.  I should have known this, but it turned out to be the Xmarks plugin for safari running in the background.  As soon as I stopped that, I was able to install properly.

Tim