4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2009 9:23 PM by ssprengel

Missing Profiles in Camera Raw 5.5

lvaradi

I just installed CS4 and updated CR to 5.5.  When I click on camera calibration in CR I am missing profiles that are specific to Nikon D300 and other Nikons such as "Neutral, DX2, etc>  The only profiles are CR 4.3 and 4.4.  I updated another rcomputer and all the profiles are present.

• 1. Re: Missing Profiles in Camera Raw 5.5
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Assuming you're on Windows like I am:

You might look and see if you can find the profile for your camera under:

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles

Rerun the install again but instead of just double-clicking, right-click and say Run As Administrator to get it going.

If that doesn't work then go to the ACR update page on Adobe's site and find the link to the Photoshop Elements-specific installer in a ZIP file linked from the main ACR 5.5 Update page, and then run just the camera-profiles installer in that ZIP.  The other part of the PSE instructions talk about manually copying over the ACR plugin, which you apparently don't need to do.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Missing Profiles in Camera Raw 5.5
            lvaradi Level 1

Thanks I downloaded the zip file for CR 5.5 and when I extracted it there was a Beta file for the camera profiles which I installed by double clicking.

• 3. Re: Missing Profiles in Camera Raw 5.5
              ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you are seeing Beta profiles, then perhaps it is ACR 5.5 Release Candidate rather than the final release:

The real ACR 5.5 for PSE Windows should be here, where the CameraProfiles.exe is dated Sept 3, 2009:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4582

Did you download/install something else?

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Missing Profiles in Camera Raw 5.5
                lvaradi Level 1

OK.  It is definately fixed now.  I am using CS4 and not PSE so the camera Profiles are in a different directory C:\Documents and Settings\all users\application data\adobe\cameraraw\camera profiles . In my last response I installed an earlier beta version of the profile.  I deleted that and copied over the correct (latest profile) file from one of my other computers where 5.5 was correctly installed.  That corrected the problem and I am now seeing all the profiles.  Thanks for your help.