7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2009 8:28 AM by sandhyakd2607

Transparent Images

sandhyakd2607

Hi all,

I am loading sequence of images of fixed size with transparency on the areas where image is not present.

suppose 40 sequence images i am loading of size 400X400. Which together makes a flower. But, after loading 22 images it starts hiding the previously loaded sequence images.

Please answer my problem ASAP.

• 1. Re: Transparent Images
          robdillon Most Valuable Participant

What version of Flash are you using? Are you talking about importing the images during authoring or importing images during runtime? If this is during authoring, are you importing 40 unique image files? What do you mean by "hiding"? Are the new images comining in on top of the earlier images, or are the earlier images disappearing from the stage?

• 2. Re: Transparent Images
            sandhyakd2607 Level 1

Hi Rob,

I am using Flash 9. In both tha case during authoring as well as loading

images during runtime. Yes I am imorting 40 image files which are part of a

Design. these all slices collectively make a design. but after loading or

importing 22 images, each of the image loading 23rd onwards is hiding the

previously loaded images. Yes the images are coming on top of the other.

While the areas which are coming over the previously loaded images are

transparent.

• 3. Re: Transparent Images
              sandhyakd2607 Level 1

Hi Rob,

I am using Flash 9. In both tha case during authoring as well as loading images during runtime. Yes I am imorting 40 image files which are part of a Design. these all slices collectively make a design. but after loading or importing 22 images, each of the image loading 23rd onwards is hiding the previously loaded images. Yes the images are coming on top of the other. While the areas which are coming over the previously loaded images are transparent. Now u can see the attached files.

• 4. Re: Transparent Images

In the sample file there are only 33 individual number .png files. I imported these into a new empty movie. Each one imported correctly aligned. You have the .png files set up with white space to allow the images to self align when they are imported, so I see no problem there.

If you are at all concerned about file size, you might want to crop the images to just the number and then align them once they are imported, but that will depend on what you have in mind for your movie.

In any case I'm not seeing the problem when I work with your file. From your description it sounds like you are losing the registration of the images after the first 22. I'm not seeing that, so I have no useful suggestion for you.

• 5. Re: Transparent Images
                  sandhyakd2607 Level 1

now my question is that all 33 are shown in the fla?

can u send the fla to me in which u have imported?

• 6. Re: Transparent Images

I stand corrected. Yes, all 33 .png files were imported, however only 23 of them will show any one time. If I turn off the visibility of any of the higher numbered images, the lower numbered images will appear. So I looked a little further. I tried the same thing in Flash CS4 and got a similar result. I had one additional image show up, so CS4 will allow 24 images to stack and show.

I then took the full image and made new layers of each number in Photoshop. I then exported the layers as separate images but cropped the imaged to just the visible number. I was able to import and show all 33 of these smaller images. I needed to manually reposition each image to get the layout that you had, but they all showed up on the stage.

I've never tried to stack a bunch of large blank space .png images like this before. I always use images that have been cropped to the smallest possible size.

• 7. Re: Transparent Images
                      sandhyakd2607 Level 1

Thanks Rob for the R&D. I just wanted to get it verified and get the second

opinion. If you get any solution to this problem, please let me know as

well.

Regards