4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2008 9:14 AM by JaredHess

Print Glossary

harooki2 Level 1
      RH7 / WebHelp Pro

Is it possible to print the glossary in either the compiled project or from RoboHelp?
        • 1. Re: Print Glossary
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Hi there

Perhaps try Tools > Reports > Glossary?

Cheers... Rick
          • 2. Print Glossary
            JaredHess Level 1
            Be sure to select Detailed list to get not only the glossary items but also the definitions. There are some additional ways ways to do this. Here's a routine to follow (especially useful if I have a fairly large glossary). I'm assuming WebHelp pro uses a .glo file like in HtmlHelp.

Open the .glo file in a text editor.

Save it as a .txt file.

Open that inside MS Word.

Do a Find and Replace, giving NAME= items a desired heading style (Heading 4 or Heading 5 maybe).

Do a second Find and Replace, replacing NAME= with nothing to delete the NAME=

Or

Just do it using the Printed layout. When building a printed output, on the third screen of the output wizard, where you can select items for your section layout, select Glossary.
            • 3. Re: Print Glossary
              Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              Hi Jared

I hate to be disagreeable, but I'm going to have to disagree.

If you follow Tools > Reports > Glossary, you are able to choose between two different reports.

* Overview
              * Detailed

Overview is the default I believe and will do as you say. But if you choose Detailed, you get terms and definitions.

Cheers... Rick
              • 4. Re: Print Glossary
                JaredHess Level 1
                Yeah just noticed that a minute ago and edited my post accordingly. Thanks. :)