2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2009 11:20 AM by DilipShah

uncaught exceptions in compiler

DilipShah Level 1

I'm using Flash Builder plug-in deployed in Eclipse Galileo. The life was good with sdk 4.0.0 however to use new classes such as TextFlowUtil, I switched to nightly build 4.0.0.10802. Now I'm getting dozens of exceptions. Error logs attached.

Any idea as to what's going on and what I can do to get over this hurdle?

• 1. Re: uncaught exceptions in compiler
          DilipShah Level 1

I'm stuck here and was hoping for a response from an Adobe staff member dealing with this area.

In the meanwhile, it looks like if you are using Eclipse Flash Builder plug-in, you should stay away from nightly builds.

• 2. Re: uncaught exceptions in compiler
            DilipShah Level 1

ok, it's fixed now!

Here are my observations:

1. If you are using nightly builds, you need to upgrade to Flash Builder (plug-in) Beta 2. I was still on original beta from the 2009 Flash Camp time!

2. Make sure that your nightly build sdk is installed inside the Beta 2 deployment. Due to the sequence of deployment, mine was in the original Flash Builder Plug-in and Flash Builder didn't like it and comlained - "Unable to locate specified base class 'spark.components.Application' for component class 'VideoThumbnails'."

3. Change your project's property to point default sdk to the nightly build sdk. If your's is pointing to 4.0.0, it may give some circular dependancy exceptions and not let you switch to the nightly build sdk. To circumvent, I started a new project and used its interface to switch my default sdk to the nightly build sdk