1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 7, 2009 8:51 AM by pppechinn

airSWF.getStatus() can't find Adobe AIR - Mac OS X 10.4.11

pppechinn

Hey all,

I've been having issues with getting the airSWF.getStatus() call to return 'installed' properly.  It always returns 'available.'  The machine I'm running is Mac OS X 10.4.11 (Tiger) and here are the things I've tried:

1) Tried uninstalling the Adobe Runtime through /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Uninstaller and then reinstalling with the download from http://get.adobe.com/air/.

2) I checked to make sure I have the Adobe AIR.framework in /Library/Frameworks/ and also the 'airappinstaller' and 'digest.s' files under ~/Library/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash\ Player/www.macromedia.com/bin/airappinstaller.  However, airSWF.getStatus() still returns 'available.'

Also, I used to be able to successfully install applications through the installer badge on various sites (i.e. TweetDeck, Snackr) but about a year ago, it started always telling me I didn't have Adobe AIR installed and that it would install it (even though I knew I had it).  I'd always get stuck at that point because after the progress bar reached the end it popped up a message saying, "A download error occurred.  Try to download again?"

I didn't worry about it and just downloaded the .air packages from a direct link alternative the author provided as a workaround, but I've had to address it now because I'm trying to use the airSWF.launchApplication() call, to invoke an AIR app I have, which ends up throwing an error because it believes Adobe AIR isn't installed (though I've reinstalled AIR and am able to run AIR applications).  With further experimentation I tried out the airSWF.getStatus() call and noticed it always returned 'available,' which made me think it's being tricked into looking at the wrong place/thing/something for checking.

Anyone have any similar issues or ideas about how to resolve this?  Let me know if you'd like more info.

Also, in case this helps, here's output from the .airinstall.log file in my user directory when installing Adobe AIR via the download from http://get.adobe.com/air/ (I couldn't get anything to output into the log when trying to install AIR via the installer badge embedded on a site):

Performing runtime install
      UI SWF load is complete
      UI initialized
      starting user confirmation
      Version of this installer: 1.5.2.8870
      Installation type: new
      starting elevated install
      subinstaller: starting install
      subinstaller: Scheduling runtime installation operations
      subinstaller: Beginning runtime installation
      subinstaller: Beginning install
      subinstaller: Copying /Volumes/Adobe AIR/Adobe AIR Installer.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework to /Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework
      subinstaller: Copying /Volumes/Adobe AIR/Adobe AIR Installer.app to /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Uninstaller.app
      subinstaller: Copying /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Uninstaller.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/Current/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app to /private/var/tmp/folders.501/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp0/file1
      subinstaller: Deleting /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Uninstaller.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/Current/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app
      subinstaller: Copying /Volumes/Adobe AIR/Adobe AIR Installer.app to /Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/Adobe AIR Updater.app
      subinstaller: Copying /Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/Adobe AIR Updater.app/Contents/Frameworks to /private/var/tmp/folders.501/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp0/file2
      subinstaller: Deleting /Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/Adobe AIR Updater.app/Contents/Frameworks
      subinstaller: Copying /Volumes/Adobe AIR/Adobe AIR Installer.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app to /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app
      subinstaller: Registering /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app/Contents/Info.plist
      subinstaller: Copying /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app/Contents/Info.plist to /private/var/tmp/folders.501/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp0/file3
      subinstaller: Deleting /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app/Contents/Info.plist
      subinstaller: chown of /Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework completed with status 0
      subinstaller: chown of /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app completed with status 0
      subinstaller: chown of /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Uninstaller.app completed with status 0
      subinstaller: Execution complete; beginning commit phase
      subinstaller: Deleting /private/var/tmp/folders.501/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp0/file1
      subinstaller: Deleting /private/var/tmp/folders.501/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp0/file2
      subinstaller: Deleting /private/var/tmp/folders.501/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp0/file3
      subinstaller: Commit complete
      subinstaller: install complete
      subinstaller: begin quitting
      Elevated install completed
      begin quitting

Thanks,

Paul