0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2009 5:10 PM by GKROCKZ

Custom Tooltip Problem

GKROCKZ

I have defined a custom tooltip class that will be called when i mouse over the target item.  For this i am creating an instance of custom tooltip in the tooltip create event and assigning it to the the events tooltip. On the tooltip show event i am trying to position the tooltip based on its dynamic height and width. But the problem i am having is the tooltip's height and width seem to have the default value and it does not get populated by the show event. Is there any way that i can resolve the problem?

private function CreateTooltipHandler(event:ToolTipEvent):void
               {                  

ttip = new ItemToolTip(this.iUid.toString(),
                                                                 this.imgIcon.source.toString());                

event.toolTip = ttip; 
               }

//------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              /**
               * Handler for showing a tooltip
               */        
               private function ShowTooltipHandler(event:ToolTipEvent):void
               {               
                    var gapwidth:*  = event.currentTarget.x + event.currentTarget.width + event.toolTip.x;
                    var gapheight:* = event.currentTarget.y + event.currentTarget.height + event.toolTip.y; 

if(gapwidth > 550)
                    {
                        event.toolTip.x = gapwidth - 400;                                   
                    }   

if(gapheight > 700)
                    {
                        event.toolTip.y = gapheight - 400;                 
                    }     
               }