2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2009 2:43 PM by Peter Flynn (Adobe)

Flash Catalyst + List + Dynamic ?

maeldanus Level 1

Hey guys,

my plan:

Create a nice List in Catalyst, containing custom items with a textfield in it. A Label u can say... The Question ist, how i can bind dynamic test @ this textfield (inside the listItem inside the List)

Of Course i am using FLashbuilder, to map the dynamic Text (Array) to the items of the List.

Hope for an answer.

Greetings, Nico

• 1. Re: Flash Catalyst + List + Dynamic ?
          Tara Jane Feener Level 3

Hey Nico,

I'm not sure I understand the question.

Could you clarify so that I can provide a better answer? Maybe provide an example of how you'd like your list to behave at runtime?

Thanks,

Tara

• 2. Re: Flash Catalyst + List + Dynamic ?
            Peter Flynn (Adobe) Adobe Employee

Hi Nico,

There's no way in this version of Catalyst to attach an editable Text Input control to dynamic data in a list.  You'll have to write a little bit of code in Flash Builder to do this.  However, you can get most of the way there in Catalyst:

1. Create a list in Catalyst and edit the list item's appearance
            2. Place some plain text with the text tool where you want your Text Input to go in the final version (you can even draw a box around it, etc. to make your prototype look more like the final version)
            3. Save the project and import this FXP into Flash Builder
            4. Edit the list item's .mxml file
            5. Locate the <s:RichText> tag for your plain text, and change the "<s:RichText" part to "<s:TextInput"
            6. Tweak the position to line up with the original by reducing the x and y values a little bit

Hope that helps!

- Peter