24 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2009 9:09 AM by msher420

Flash Builder Beta 2 locale en_GB problems ?

Powder77

Hi

I have installed FB B2 and created a project but the application produces an error even before I've complied the app, the message is as follows

unable to open 'C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder Plug-in Beta 2\sdks\4.0.0\frameworks\locale\en_GB'

I can change the locale under Flex Complier to en_US and this sorts this error. But then the following error appears:

unable to open 'C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder Plug-in Beta 2\eclipse\plugins\com.adobe.flexbuilder.dcrad.nl1_4.0.0.253292\nl\en_GB\dcradSwcs\4.0\loc ale'

I have no idea what to do now, why has the en_GB locale been removed in FB B2 ??

Any help would be greatfully accepted

PS I have tried build 10485 of the SDK and get the same result.

Regards

Chris

• 1. Re: Flash Builder Beta 2 locale en_GB problems ?
          C. Agruss (Adobe) Level 3

Here's a workaround you could try. Edit the eclipse.ini file to include these two lines at the top:

-nl

en_US

Not sure what might have changed since the last time you tried this win en_GB, but this workaround may get past the error.

-Chris

• 2. Re: Flash Builder Beta 2 locale en_GB problems ?
            Powder77 Level 1

Hi

I have done a search for eclipse.ini and nothing is found but I do get 2 eclipse.ini.ignored files ????

HELP PLEASE

Thanks

Chris

• 3. Re: Flash Builder Beta 2 locale en_GB problems ?

If you're using your own copy of Eclipse, then eclipse.ini will be right alongside your eclipse.exe on Windows.

If you're using our bundled copy of Eclipse, then eclipse.ini can be found here:

\Adobe Flash Builder Plug-in Beta 2\eclipse-host-distro\eclipse.ini

-Chris

• 4. Re: Flash Builder Beta 2 locale en_GB problems ?
                Alberto Albericio

Hi Chris,

Im getting the same error with locale es_ES. I have tried updating eclipse.ini but I still get the error. Any other suggestion? Cause I cant compile anything...

A.

• 5. Re: Flash Builder Beta 2 locale en_GB problems ?
                  Alberto Albericio Level 1

Hi again, I'd like to point that I'm getting this error ONLY when working on a lcds2 beta3 project. If I setup a simple project, with no j2e server defined, compilation works like a charm.

Btw, I need to know how to fix this

Cheers,

A.

• 6. Re: Flash Builder Beta 2 locale en_GB problems ?

Hi Alberto,

Was that just a typo, or did you really use en_ES instead of en_US?

I've asked our Localization team to take a look at this, to see if they can reproduce what you're seeing.

-Chris

• 7. Re: Flash Builder Beta 2 locale en_GB problems ?

Hi Chris,

Yes, it was a type. I meant the locale that FB uses as default on my PC: es_ES.

The steps to reproduce this ( using FB beta2 + LCDS3_beta3.war )

1) New Flex project "foobar" with J2EE server

2) Use tomcat 6.0.18 and lcds3_beta3.war

3) Finish

4) I add the project to my Tomcat instance

5) Build project and "boom":

Description Resource Path Location Type

unable to open W:\PATH_TO_WS\foobar\WebContent\WEB-INF\flex\locale\es_ES

Then, I go to my FB_beta2 installation and :
                      6) copylocale en_US es_ES
                      Then I copy the new brand es_ES locale into W:\PATH_TO_WS\foobar\WebContent\WEB-INF\flex\locale and I try to build the project again:
                      7) Build the project
                      I get something like :
                      unable to open 'C:\Archivos de programa\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder Plug-in Beta
                      2\eclipse\plugins\com.adobe.flexbuilder.dcrad.nl1_4.0.0.253292\nl\es_ES\dcradSwcs\4.0\loca le' foobar Unknown Flex Problem
                      I get the feeling there is something that is breaking the project at the point Im adding the project to the Tomcat instance.
                      If you skip step 4) The project compiles successfully. As soon as you add the project to Tomcat, everything breaks.
                      What do you think?

A.
                      • 8. Re: Flash Builder Beta 2 locale en_GB problems ?

Chris, I have found the problem!

The problem comes, in the scenario presented before, when I start using the modeler LCDS3_beta3 plugin. That operation adds 3 extra libs in Referenced Libraries folder and then everything breaks:

unable to open 'C:\Archivos de programa\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder Plug-in Beta 2\eclipse\plugins\com.adobe.flexbuilder.dcrad.nl1_4.0.0.253292\nl\es_ES\dcradSwcs\4.0\loc ale' DMPrueba Unknown Flex Problem

And from there, it's impossible to compile the project again.
                        I hope that helps.
                        A.

• 9. Re: Flash Builder Beta 2 locale en_GB problems ?

Thanks a lot for narrowing this down, Alberto, and for the clear steps.

Our Loc team will have a much easier time understanding this now.

Much appreciated,

-Chris

• 10. Re: Flash Builder Beta 2 locale en_GB problems ?
                            paob24 Level 1

I can tell you why we get that error, simply because in folder C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder Plug-in Beta 2\eclipse\plugins\com.adobe.flexbuilder.dcrad.nl1_4.0.0.253292\nl, there are missing locals.

the only availables are: de_DE, fr_FR, ja_JP, ru_RU, zh_CN.

If you try to compile your application in any of the above locals it works.

I hope there is a way to generate the missing one, or adobe will provide us a pacth for it.

• 11. Re: Flash Builder Beta 2 locale en_GB problems ?

I understand that com.adobe.flexbuilder.dcrad.nl is the data modeling plugin, isnt it?

A.

• 12. Re: Flash Builder Beta 2 locale en_GB problems ?
                                paob24 Level 1

I don't think so, if you look at the files that you have to add in order to have the fiber plug-in is not there. It's a flashbuilder folder, and it give the same error if you try to use Coldfusion orm objcet.

I was looking inside other folder and fount out that many are missing locals.

Hope that adobe clarify this.

• 13. Re: Flash Builder Beta 2 locale en_GB problems ?

I'm sure Chris will throw some light on this soon.

A.

• 14. Re: Flash Builder Beta 2 locale en_GB problems ?

Hi,

I sent this issue to the Localization and DCRAD teams last week, and they were looking into it more fully. Haven't heard back from them yet though - I'll ping them again about it.

Meanwhile, here's some background info that might help a little. As you've noticed, FB4 supports these 6 locales explicitly:

- fr_FR

- en_US

- ja_JP

- ru_RU

- de_DE

- zh_CN

The Flex SDK supports a longer list of locales than FB4, for running your app, but for FB4 itself the locales are restricted to the list above.

Generally, the locale that FB4 runs with is fixed at installation time, depending on which of the 6 languages you choose in the installer. That locale is then written into the FlashBuilder.ini file, or into the bundled eclipse.ini file for FB4 Plug-in.

Once the locale is written into the ini file, then FB4 should behave as if it's running with that locale, so for example, if you use en_US in the ini file, FB4 should run with that locale, even though you might really be running with your system set to en_GB. You mentioned above that you already tried editing your ini file this way, but did you actually add "en_US" there as recommended, or were you entering "en_GB" there instead (or "es_ES")?

Neither en_GB nor es_ES is supported by FB4, so those won't work, but if you enter "en_US", or one of the other 5 supported locales, then it should work.

From the thread above, it sounds as if you still see the bug after entering a supported locale in FB's ini file - is that right? In other words, does the bug also happen when you use something like en_GB or es_ES as the locale in the project's Flex compiler settings, under "additional compile arguments", even when you're running FB4 itself with one of the supported locale settings?

-Chris

• 15. Re: Flash Builder Beta 2 locale en_GB problems ?
                                      paob24 Level 1

Yes, by adding:

-nl
                                      en_US

in the first line of eclipse.ini, the project start with en_US as default locale, and it gives no error when using the fiber model plugin.

without that line, any projects start with the system default language, in my case it_IT and that I got the error of the missing local, when I use the project either with lcds or coldfusion 9.

• 16. Re: Flash Builder Beta 2 locale en_GB problems ?
                                        rootsical

i have the same problem:

unable to open 'C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder Plug-in Beta 2\eclipse\plugins\com.adobe.flexbuilder.dcrad.nl1_4.0.0.253292\nl\en_GB\dcradSwcs\4.0\loc ale'

i have zend studio 7, with eclipse 3.5 and i renamed the zend 'dropins' folder to 'links' as suggested somewhere.  in the compiler i have stated 'en_US' but it is still looking for 'en_GB'.  i am in the UK if that makes a difference.

my eclipse.ini file is in:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder Plug-in Beta 2\eclipse-host-distro

and does indeed have '-nl' and 'en_US' as the opening lines.

what am i doing wrong? i can't get it to do anything until this is resolved i think.  thanks.

• 17. Re: Flash Builder Beta 2 locale en_GB problems ?

Hi,

If you're seeing this problem when running FB4 Plug-in from within your Zend environment, then the workaround would be to add a supported -nl setting to your Zend ini file.

-Chris

• 18. Re: Flash Builder Beta 2 locale en_GB problems ?
                                            rootsical Level 1

thanks for the quick response but i'm afraid i don't know what you quite mean by that.  i did try adding the lines:

-nl

en

to my zendstudio.ini file but it made no difference but i'm not sure that's what you meant?  thanks.

• 19. Re: Flash Builder Beta 2 locale en_GB problems ?

Right, that's the ini file I meant.

I believe the actual syntax needs to be "en_US" though. I don't think that "en" alone is enough.

-Chris

• 20. Re: Flash Builder Beta 2 locale en_GB problems ?
                                                rootsical Level 1

well actually, i do apologise, that does work for me.  thank you.

i added:

-nl

en_US

to my zendstudio.ini file.

also, i was on flex nightly build 10945 and when i reverted to the default beta 2 10485 build, it seemed to get rid of the problem.  might have needed a thorough re-compile for the new settings to take effect as i tried switching the build to 10945 again and it still works which is great.

thanks ever so much for helping with this.

• 21. Re: Flash Builder Beta 2 locale en_GB problems ?

It works for me:

-nl

en_US

It should be enough until Adobe releases an official fix.

Thanks.

A.

• 22. Re: Flash Builder Beta 2 locale en_GB problems ?
                                                    Fuzzy_Logic_

I tried adding

-nl

en-US

to various .ini files as suggested above to no avail.

However, changing the 'Additional compiler arguments' in 'Flex Compiler' tab of Projects 'Properties' from:

-locale en_GB

to:

-locale en_US

worked for me.

I am in the UK using FB Beta2 plugin on Eclipse Galileo.

Regards.

ps. I got to this thread through Google and never read the first post where changing the compiler arguments has already been noted.

Message was edited by: Fuzzy_Logic_

• 23. Re: Flash Builder Beta 2 locale en_GB problems ?
                                                      Sameer Bhatt Adobe Employee

Hi,

As Chris mentioned FB 4 supports 6 locales while SDK supports more locales.

And the libraries (like fiber.swc, fds.swc and serializers.swc) which gets added when using the modeler plugin or the Data Centeric features are a part of FB 4 and hence they are supported for the 6 locales that FB 4 supports.

That's why, you were getting the error of locale not found for these libraries.

This error can be resolved by providing a locale swc for that language.

Note that you need to create the locale swc (resource bundle swc) and provide it to FB 4 to get things working.

Thanks,

Sameer

• 24. Re: Flash Builder Beta 2 locale en_GB problems ?
                                                        msher420

I had the same issue but the default locale was en_IN.

Tried adding en_US in eclipse.ini but was in vain.

Finally tried

Projects->Properties->Flex Compiler

Then Changed from locale en_IN to locale en_US.

It got clicked!!!

Thanks Fuzzy and others