2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2009 12:36 AM by Ted Moens

Problem importing BlazeDS services in Flash Builder

Ted Moens Level 1

Greetings:

In a nutshell:  when I try to import a BlazeDS Data Service in Flash Builder, Flashbuilder sees the services but does not appear to introspect them so that I can see the calls available on the Java classes on the server side.

Longer Version:

I have a running turnkey BlazeDS (blazeds-turnkey-4.0.0.10240) in which all of the sample applications work fine. (I had been trying this with a 3.x version but was told that I needed to use a 4.0 version and was also told on the forum that the June 5 load did not work for this.)  I have edited the web.xml file as described in several places to enable RDS and to change the security settings as follows:

<param-name>useAppserverSecurity</param-name>
      <param-value>false</param-value>

I have a Flashbuilder standalone 4.0.0.235740.

I create a Flex Project (Application Server type = BlazeDS) using the code from one of the examples.  (I've tried with inventory, testdrive-remoteobject and a new project with no code.)

I point the project at the samples root folder - C:\blazeds\tomcat\webapps\samples

I point the Root URL at - http://localhost:8400/samples.

I can successfully modify and run the code.  So, everything is just fine to this point.

Now I click the Connect to Data/Service in the Data/Service tab and select the BlazeDS Service Type.

I Click Next (if I have just restarted FashBuilder I see a dialog asking for a userid and password for the RDS service.  But since I have configured the server side not to need a password, I click "no password required" and Next). Either way now and I get a list of the 5 destinations from the server side remoting-services.  I click any one of them and name the service the same as the destination and click Finish (my only option).

FlashBuilder now creates a data service for me and and a service package and the framework for the .as service class.  The service itself however does not show the various calls that are available on the server side Java objects.

I assume I am doing something wrong along the way, but I am out of ideas of things to try now.  (Tomcat has been restarted, FB has been restarted, applications removed re-installed etc.)

Any ideas?

Ted