5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2009 8:02 AM by the_wine_snob

Videocard for PME 7.0

Pietjooo

Can somebody advise me an videocard for the program. Im using it for edit sd-material so it's not very exciting . But are there any (budget) cards that perform well. Wich series do i have to look for? And aTi or nVidia?

• 1. Re: Videocard for PME 7.0
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Virtually all video cards are made by either ATI or nVidia -- but stick with these two brands anyway.

Beyond that, the program is not terribly video card intensive. Even a 128 meg card is good enough.

Try to get a card that includes pixel shading, however. That way you can use some of the more advanced GPU effects and transitions in the program.

• 2. Re: Videocard for PME 7.0
            the_wine_snob Level 9

I also responded to this request at the end of another thread.

Basically, I said the same thing as Steve did, but he added the Pixel Shading aspect, that I had not thought about.

Good call Steve.

Hunt

• 3. Re: Videocard for PME 7.0
              A.T. Romano Level 7

According to the Adobe information, I do not believe that a GPU with just Vertex Shader is going to work. Please read further.

I would offer the following into the mix if you are trying to use the GPU Effects in Premiere Elements 7 or 8, namely, Page Curl, Refraction, Ripple (Circular). Same considerations for Premiere Elements 7 and Premiere Elements 8.

GPU must support:

DirectX 9.x and

Pixel Shader (PS) 1.3 or later and

Vertex Shader (VS) 1.1 or later.

Refer to GPU Effects in Premiere Elements 7 or 8 Help PDF. A link to the version 8 Help PDF on the GPU Effects is posted below. Same as version 7.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/PremiereElements/8.0/Win/Using/WSFB1985CE-8FA4-4d7d-B1E6-79C45 B014627.html

ATR

• 4. Re: Videocard for PME 7.0
                Pietjooo Level 1

Thank you for the reply's. But cac somebody give me some serie to look fot. such as ati 3450/4550/4670 . I dont know much about videocards and in the other topic you can see i have problems with a hd 3300. So if somebody has a card that works with no problems please tell me the productname, so i can buy it.

• 5. Re: Videocard for PME 7.0
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Wish that I could help, but one of my nVidias is on my laptop, GeForce 8800m GTX, and the others are high-end nVidia Quadros, for 3D work. These are far more card, and far more expensive, than what you need.

I hope that others can help you more directly.

Good luck,

Hunt