1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 7, 2009 5:56 PM by pixlor

How to create a bg image in Fireworks CS4 & be able to insert table over it in Dreamweaver?

ingot412

I'm new and having problems creating 1. background image in Fireworks 2. Having sliced an area over that image, being able to insert a table over the bg image in Dreamweaver to hold text and other images. Funny things happen when I insert table into the cell, the usual split image occurs.

In the past I'd be able to delete the area of the image I want in DW and reinsert it into the bg image cell in Properties. That function is gone in FW4.

Thanks for any guidance.

• 1. Re: How to create a bg image in Fireworks CS4 & be able to insert table over it in Dreamweaver?
          pixlor Level 4

This is really a Dreamweaver question. Is this background image intended for the entire Web page, or is it intended to be a background to the table, or to a row in the table or to a cell in the table. All are possible.

The best way to go about this is to first export your image from Fireworks.  Then create your page and table in Dreamweaver, select the desired element and use the Properties panel (in Dreamweaver) to add the image as the background. Or go to Code view in Dreamweaver, select the element you want the backgtound on and start typing

<space>background

and Dreamweaver will autocomplete prompt you to browse for the image.