5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2009 10:27 PM by John Joslin

Cameraraw 5.5 crashed

audio100

Cameraraw worked for about two days. I was using the program for about a two hour period when it began blinking. I got an Adobe error message saying it needed to be shut down. I rebooted computer and tried to open bridge. Won't open.  Tried to reload Cameraraw. Got an error message that it was already on the computer. Deleted CS4 cameraraw. Tried to load 5.5 again after rebooting computer and got the same error message that Cameraraw 5.5 was already on the computer. Anyone have this happen to them? I am hoping I don't have to delete the entire Adobe CS4 Suite and reload all the programs back. I would appreciate any advice!

• 1. Re: Cameraraw 5.5 crashed
          John Joslin Level 6

You need to tell us

Operating System/version
          Photoshop version number
          Amount of RAM installed
          Hard drive(s) capacity
          Make and model number of video card

You may have the plug-in in the wrong place or more than one copy installed but you need to give us the information above.

• 2. Re: Cameraraw 5.5 crashed
            audio100 Level 1

I am running Windows XP Media Center Edition. Version 2002 with service pack 3. The Ram is 3 gigs. Video card is ATI Radeon HD 4800. The hard drive is 300gb. Photoshop is version 11.0, part of CS 4 Creative Suite 4 Web Premium. I may have loaded the 64 bit raw update in error. Can I reload Bridge and Camera raw from the CS4 Bundle? Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

• 3. Re: Cameraraw 5.5 crashed
              John Joslin Level 6

audio10 wrote:

I am running Windows XP Media Center Edition. Version 2002 with service pack 3. The Ram is 3 gigs. Video card is ATI Radeon HD 4800. The hard drive is 300gb. Photoshop is version 11.0, part of CS 4 Creative Suite 4 Web Premium. I may have loaded the 64 bit raw update in error. Can I reload Bridge and Camera raw from the CS4 Bundle? Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

First you need to update Photoshop to 11.0.1 and Bridge to 3.0.0.464.

Use the Downloads > Updates linked page from this site not the dodgy updater.

Then search for and remove all instances of the ACR plug-in from the C:\ drive then download ACR Version 5.5 from the link on this forum's main page and install using the Setup.exe from the unzipped files. The ACR update will detect your 32-bit OS.

Tell us if that helps.

• 4. Re: Cameraraw 5.5 crashed
                audio100 Level 1

I had to manually remove the Adobe software and reload it. Then the update loaded correctly. Thanks for your help!

• 5. Re: Cameraraw 5.5 crashed
                  John Joslin Level 6