0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2009 4:48 AM by twlomega

Simulating a keypress for a virtual -Hangul- Keyboard.

twlomega

Okay, I've been searching high and low for this literally all day and I'm completely stuck.

I can make an english keyboard easily, just a bunch of buttons that append characters to TextFields - no problem.

The issue arrises with the fact that I actually need this Virtual Keyboard to be in Hangul (Korean).

It will be used on a touch-screen display with absolutely no keyboard attached at all. It doesn't need to switch to english or anything, as I'll have the english keys already visible anyway.

Ideally what I would like to be able to do is simulate a real keypress like typing directly on the keyboard and just sending that event to the TextField or whatever and let it do the input as normal, but I don't know if that is feasible.

Alternatively if someone could actually assist me in the script required to Assemble Korean glyphs..as different combinations produce different characters, for example (for those that may not understand how korean works):

토니 (Tony, my name, 2 characters but it's actually 4 keypresses; if I was do do this the way of the english keyboard method the string would end up being ㅌㅗㄴㅣ which is absolutely incorrect )

So if anyone can point me in the right directly, it would be greatly appreciated!

-Tony