• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publishing to .avi - how long is this going to take?

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2009 Oct 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate has been trying to publish my file to .avi for the past 10 hours.  Admittedly, it is a rather big file (51 static slides, 45 or so w/ audio each about 10 - 30 seconds of audio, publishing at 940 x 720 resolution).  Computer I'm using is a couple years old, but still should be ok (Athlon 64 bit processor, 2 gigs RAM).

I have successfully published shorter (10 slide) projects but with identical settings to AVI (those took about 15 - 30 minutes).  Doing that math, this should have been finished in about 3 hours max.

It's 10 hours later.

Captivate is not hanging, and my processor is continually running at over 50% even w/ no other applications open, so I assume it's still working.

I'm afraid to cancel and restart lest it's close to completing.  But then again I have a deadline for client and it's getting close.

Also - why on earth is there no progress bar?  So I can tell how far along this actually is?  (I don't count the preview screen that pops up as a progress bar, as it never seems to match what is actually happening based on the other projects I published).

Any suggestions?

Thanks

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2009 Oct 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Sorry, no real helpful advice to offer here. Not other than to suggest that you report this to Adobe as well as suggesting to Adobe that they consider adding a progress indicator for this action. After all, they are continually working on either a patch or Captivate next.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 12, 2009 Oct 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey,

I'd suggest you go through a blog post by the Captivate team here : http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate/2009/03/tips_for_publish_to_avi_in_ado.html

This has all the basic information about how you can publish to avi easily.

The most important point is using the right codec. XviD works the best for me.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources