2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2008 5:58 AM by Newsgroup_User

Saving everything in nice bundle

dherring54321
      Hi everyone,

I have a problem. I am trying to put together a webpage, but I realized that many of the images are in various folders spread out all over my hard drive...

Everything looks fine in Dreamweaver, but it is a problem when I try to upload it through FTP.

Is there a way to save from Dreamweaver, where it will put everything in an orderly fashion?
      Thanks for your help.
        • 1. Re: Saving everything in nice bundle
          dherring54321 Level 1
          It might help to know that it is CS3 on OSX leopard.
          • 2. Re: Saving everything in nice bundle
            Level 7
            dherring54321 wrote:
            > Hi everyone,
            >
            > I have a problem. I am trying to put together a webpage, but I realized that
            > many of the images are in various folders spread out all over my hard drive...
            >
            > Everything looks fine in Dreamweaver, but it is a problem when I try to upload
            > it through FTP.
            >
            > Is there a way to save from Dreamweaver, where it will put everything in an
            > orderly fashion?
            > Thanks for your help.
            >

It sounds as though you have not 'defined' a site folder at the outset
            of the project because if you had done so then you would normally get a
            prompt from Dreamweaver to save image/s found in other locations on your
            computer to the site folder if you had done so.

If you have not done so I would 'define' the site folder then re-link
            the images. I don't know of a way Dreamweaver can find the images at
            random locations on your computer. It needs to have a correctly defined
            site folder at the outset in which to keep everything in order.

You know how to 'define' a site folder?