2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2009 10:07 AM by envirographics

How to copy artwork on a stage layer into movie stage ?

envirographics Level 1

Hi, I have drawn a pecked line route, sitting on its own layer, using flash tools, over a base map. I have then gone Insert>Symbol>movie and I now need to get a copy of this route into the movie's white area. I expected perhaps when right clicking on the layer, an option called copy to movie and an ability to select the movie name.

What is the best way to achieve this ?

Envirographics

• 1. Re: How to copy artwork on a stage layer into movie stage ?
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Select the layer(s)/frame(s) conatining the stuff you want to put into the movieclip and right click the selection.  Select either Copy Frames or Cut Frames (Copy is safer).  Create a new movieclip symbol and select the one keyframe of its timeline and right click it.... Select Paste Frames.

If you copied the frames, go back and remove the originals once you are satisfied that you captured them in the movieclip

• 2. Re: How to copy artwork on a stage layer into movie stage ?
            envirographics Level 1

Hi,

I have managed that, many thanks, it brought in the full length of timeline, 800 or so frames, I only needed frame 1 filled as I needed to alter its colour then apply alpha value, so I cleared frame all else. Converted to symbol>Graphic the artwork so as to be able to apply the alpha transparency. Created then a keyframe at frame 10 and it didnt fill in between. Other attempts and various methods failed wither in test scene or whatever, couldnt manage a working motion tween.  I found the best way was to start over, create a new movie symbol and drag drop the graphic I had created from the recoloured artwork, from the library into this, then everything worked.

Envirographics