• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp HTML 7 WebHelp Index Behaviour Customisation

Oct 08, 2009 Oct 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello -

I'm curious whether anyone has tried to customise the way the Index behaves in the WebHelp output. I'm not really happy with the fact that keywords appear as links even when they don't have topics asociated with them. For example, I have a keyword called "Installing" which is really just a heading for the subkeywords which link to the topics for installing various components. Ideally I would like to do something like what the online help for RoboHelp does (have a + icon to expand top-level keywords when they include subkeywords) but I would settle for simply removing the link behaviour from the top-level keyword. Has anyone found a way to do this?

Thanks!

Lori

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2009 Oct 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Modifying the Index behaviour will require you to change whihost.js. I can think of adding an image to Index entries, changing the highligt function, but creating expanding index items will probably require you to completely rewrite whihost.js.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 22, 2009 Oct 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Willam,

Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure I'm up to the task of completely rewriting the javascript, but at least I know where to start now.

Lori

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 29, 2009 Oct 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you considered putting several help topics directly under that main keyword, in the help project?

That way, clicking the keyword would give you a popup with the Titles of all those help topics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp