3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 10, 2009 2:36 PM by aldart

Narration won't create file in PE7

aldart

I am using Premier Elements 7 with Vista SP2. I have had several problems with the program crashing. I have almost completed adding narration and a soundtrack to my project. All of a sudden, the narration does not create a file and nothing goes to the narration line. Something has happened in my project. I have repaired PE7 in Add/ Remove programs, I have restored the workspace. I have rebooted the computer. Quick Time and Flash Player are the latest upgrades. I can create narrations in a new project and the microphone is working in Windows. When I try to narrate the project I'm working on, the input level graph is going up and down like it is recording, but no file. The track volume narration level in the Sceneline is at mid-level. Can anyone help?

• 1. Re: Narration won't create file in PE7
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You could have a number of things going on, but it's hard to say without knowing more about your system, your microphone, etc.

It might be worth contacting tech support and seeing if they can walk you through some troubleshooting.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/414984?tstart=0

Otherwise, it might be worth doing a repair/install on Vista and doing an uninstall/reinstall of Premiere Elements.

I don't know what you mean by " I have repaired PE7 in Add/ Remove programs".

• 2. Re: Narration won't create file in PE7
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Since you say that the issue is not present in a new project, then let us explore the damaged project angle.

Please check out the following AdobeTech Note on damaged projects in Premiere Elements 7 and see if anything in it helps resolve your situation in the problem project.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/404/kb404999.html

Let us start here and see where that leads us.

ATR

• 3. Re: Narration won't create file in PE7
              aldart Level 1

Thank you for responding. I went to Control Panel add/remove programs and had it repair my installation of PE7. It copied something from my original disk, but nothing changed. I sent a message to Adobe Support, but their system is down until Wednesday. I went through the troubleshooting damaged projects information, but I didn't find any applicable information. Since I have to have this project completed by Friday, I will narrate in Audition and import into PE7. Thank you for your help.