4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2009 7:57 AM by Steve Grisetti

Missing audio tracks.

em.ford Level 1

Can anybody help? I have made a movie where I have tuned the volume down on almost all of the clips and just set it to background music. However there are three clips where I want the audio to be heard so you can hear the persons commentary. When I play it in the editing window and in preview it works, but whenever I burn a dvd it leaves the audio off????? It worked ages ago when I made the movie using PE3, but I'm now running PE8 and re-jigging my old movies.

• 1. Re: Missing audio tracks.
          the_wine_snob Level 9

The first thing that I would check would be with the Audio Mixer. What are the settings there?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Missing audio tracks.
            em.ford Level 1

I've looked in the Audio Mixer and it all looks fine. All of the audio is in Audio 1, and all of the clips that I don't want the audio for I have made the level -infinity symbol. But there are 3 tracks that I want to hear the audio & these are all set to +6. Like I said I can here the audio while I'm editing it, but it's only when I burn it to dvd & play it on the telly that the Audio 1 tracks are lost. Does that make any sense?

• 3. Re: Missing audio tracks.
              the_wine_snob Level 9
              it's only when I burn it to dvd & play it on the telly that the Audio 1 tracks are lost.

OK, Audio is good in PrE, but not on the burned DVD via a set-top player.

First, what brand of blank media did you burn to? Verbatim & Taiyo Yuden are the brands that I recommend. Many, like Memorex and Ritek buy from the cheapest source, and then rebrand the blanks. In a spindle of 100, there might be discs from 4 different mfgr's. One can get some good blanks, and then the rest in that spindle will not play.

Second, can you test play on your computer with a DVD software player? How does it play there?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Missing audio tracks.
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Is this a version 3 project file that you opened in version 8?

That could lead to this kind of bugginess.