4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2009 1:10 AM by Vichraje

Flash CS4 ActionScript Window bigger than my Screen Resolution!!!

Dav4234242

I launched Adobe Flash CS 4 and the ActionScript window. Then boom! the actionScript window's height takes my entire screen (please see screen shot). Anyone knows how I can scale this window?

My screen's resolution is maxed out (1680 by 1050), not a small resolution I guess. I tried moving my windows taskbar to the side and still can't position my cursor so that I can reduce the width.

Thanks,

• 1. Re: Flash CS4 ActionScript Window bigger than my Screen Resolution!!!
          Kalisto Level 4

Simply undock it, than resize from upper left corner to down right and move a pannel to top.

• 2. Re: Flash CS4 ActionScript Window bigger than my Screen Resolution!!!
            Rothrock Level 5

I'm pretty sure I can't resize my AS window using the upper left corner. Here is what I do when this happens to me.

1. Click the dark grey band at the top to make it a palette.
            2. Click on the words "Actions- Frame" to make the panel fly out. At this point it will fit on your screen.
            3. Adjust the size using either the top or the bottom edges of the window.
            4. Click and drag the light grey bar to free it from the palette.

Annoying, but once I figured out this trick not nearly as bad as it used to be.

• 3. Re: Flash CS4 ActionScript Window bigger than my Screen Resolution!!!
              dollyggar

The best solution is to set up a workspace. I have the same problem all the time, and not just with the actions panel but with the library, output, etc. Just lay out the panels how you like, then I think its under the window item in the menu, there should be workspace, and make a new one. Then if your screen gets messy you can 'reset workspace' and it'll put it all back the way you want.

Also, if you don't have one set up already you can just apply one of the default workspaces and that should resize things properly for you.

I don't why they don't allow resize from the top left anymore, its stupid...

• 4. Re: Flash CS4 ActionScript Window bigger than my Screen Resolution!!!
                Vichraje

I hate this behavior too, this problem doesn't happens in other workspaces though. But I like the Essential.

Anyways, I got the solution as below.

1. Click the dark gray bar on the very top of the Actions window, or the "<<" button on it.

2. Your Actions window will then collapse to an icon.

3. Click the icon to show up the window as a popup.

4. Resize the Actions window now from the right-bottom corner

5. Then click the dark bar again, making it as normal window without collapse icon.

6. You're done.

Hope it helps.