4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2007 4:27 AM by P Steven

How to represent this data using Flex?

P Steven
      Can anyone suggest how I can represent this data using Flex?

http://www.mediakitchen.co.uk/mark_sheet.jpg

I was trying to use a datagrid but this does not seem to work as I do not want the drop down list to display on every row.

Thanks

Paul
        • 1. Re: How to represent this data using Flex?
          levancho Level 3
          dropwodn list seems like a filter is not it? (if so it should not be part of the data.)
          • 2. Re: How to represent this data using Flex?
            P Steven Level 1
            Thanks for the reply.

The drop down list is for the user to be able to allocate marks. Basically this application is to allow teachers to mark the work of their students.

So the image in the link in my previous post shows a mark sheet that lets the teacher mark each of a number of components of the students course.

When the teacher has chosen the marks for each component, they will then press a submit button and the results in the drop down boxes will be sent to the server.
            • 3. Re: How to represent this data using Flex?
              levancho Level 3
              so you need a structure of following nature 9possibly):
              [column 1] [column 2]
              - Component 1-* --------- [mark Box ]
              ---| Item1
              ---| Item2
              ---| item3

- Component 2 --------- [martk Box ]
              ---| Item1
              ---| Item2
              ---| item3

so ythere will be two columsn for top component and one for a component childre, something like tree+grid mix, maybe?
              • 4. Re: How to represent this data using Flex?
                P Steven Level 1
                I could do with some further advice on how to represent this data

http://www.mediakitchen.co.uk/marksheet.jpg

It was suggested to use a repeater and datagrid or a repeater and a custom component.

If I use a custom component, I am unsure how to deal with a dynamic number of rows of data for each subsection. Would I need to put a datagrid inside the custom component – is this possible?

Basically I would appreciate a bit more detail on how people would suggest I represent this data.

The 2 factors causing me most concern are:

There will be varying number of rows for each subsection
                The drop down list needs to be centered vertically based on how many rows there are for each subsection.

Thanks

Paul