0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2009 11:26 AM by LarrySpace

2 strange issues for begginer in action script

LarrySpace

Hello… I am new to action script and I am (pretty) confused… so any help is valuable!!!

--- issue 1 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have the follow code… and I get blank page… nothing is appeared on the stage at all!!! For god’s sake, what is wrong?

package

{

import flash.display.Sprite;

import mx.core.ButtonAsset;

public class ASProject2 extends Sprite

{

public function ASProject2()

{

var mb: ButtonAsset = new ButtonAsset();

mb.x=100; mb.y=100; mb.width=200;

addChild(mb);

}

}

}

--- issue 2 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which button is the more simple button to use?

I found the spark components button is the component that Flash Builder uses if you write in mxml language. So I add the folder to my project’s libraries paths, in precise I added as SWC folder the follow folder:

c:\Program Files\Adobe\Flash Builder Beta\sdks\4.0.0\frameworks\projects\flex4\src\spark\components\

Here is the (very simple) code (with compiler’s errors):

package

{

import flash.display.Sprite;

import spark.components.Button;  // <- compile time error: 1172: Definition spark.components:Button could not be found.

public class ASProjectInFB4 extends Sprite

{

public function ASProjectInFB4()

{

var ab : Button = new Button(); // <- compile time error: 1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: Button.

ab.x=10;

ab.y=10;

ab.width=200;

ab.height=100;

ab.enabled=true;

addChild(ab);

}

}

}

The problem (as you see) are the two compiler errors. Now… if get the cursor on “Button” text in my code and I press the F3 the Flash Builder transfers me to the declaration of Button class in the proper Button.as file! So I suppose that my definition in my preceding code is correct. If I remove the the SWC folder from the libraries of my project, the F3 buttons doesn’t transfer me anywhere, so the SWC folder definition is working too…

What is wrong?

Regards