2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2009 4:03 PM by Cris is Bliss

what effect can I use to make Verticle rolling

Cris is Bliss Level 1

Hello All,

What effect do I use to make a vericle rollinglike on the old tvs.  I may also want to change the direction an make it do a diaginal or horizontal rolling

thank You

• 1. Re: what effect can I use to make Verticle rolling
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

You mean the phase pumping? Or are you just looking for an old TV (bad reception, video tape) effect? For the latter, do a search on Google. There's a ton of tutorails and presets for it. For a simple phase pumping, you only need to move a gradient infinitely acrross the screen, which can be done easily with a pre-composed Ramp effect and a Motion Tile on top of it. And before you get too creative changing the direction: remeber, that the cathode's electron ray strictly travels top to bottom, so any angular behavior is merely caused by the time differential between the lines, not the ray doing a limbo dance or something...

Mylenium

• 2. Re: what effect can I use to make Verticle rolling
            Cris is Bliss Level 1

What I was looking for was the Offset effect, but the additional information that you gave pointed me in the direction to create the video surveilance  camera look and some other interesting effects using the Ramp preComp and motion tile

I will also check out the google tutorials as you suggested.

Thank you again.