2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2009 11:11 PM by MageshR

Graphic.Move()

MageshR Level 1

Hi - I need some help on how to use the move() function. I ve placed my image in the graphic frame and I want to move it by some value (x,y). I found that move() function can help me with that, but am able to find a correct usage for it.

void move(OptVariableType to,           OptUnitArray2 by)

I'm setting OptVariableType optVar = new OptVariableType(false,null); since I want to do a relative move and not move to a absolute position. But I'm not sure how to use/set the other variable OptUnitArray2.

Can someone guide me on how to use that variable to set a relative(x,y) by which my image must move? Its kind of urgent. Pls guide me.

Thanks & Regards,

Magesh

• 1. Re: Graphic.Move()
          BrendanOShea

Based on the names, I'm guessing you are using the Java API?

Try something like :

move(OptArg.noVariableType(), OptArg.makeUnitArray2(UnitUtils.createDouble(new double[] {10.0, 20.0})));

• 2. Re: Graphic.Move()
            MageshR Level 1

Hi thanks for your reply. It looks like mygraphic.move is actualy moving the graphic frame but I want to just

translate the position of the image in this graphic frame. I tried

double moveByX = 1.0;
                                                            double moveByY = 1.0;
                                                            myGraphic.move(OptArg.noVariableType(), OptArg.makeUnitArray2(UnitUtils.createDouble(new double[] {moveByX, moveByY})));

where myGraphic is of type Graphic.

Can you pls guide me on how to move the image in the graphic frame and not the actual graphic frame as such?

TIA.

Regards,

Magesh