9 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2009 5:45 PM by Francisc

Viewstacks

machelslack_31

I have created an air application, with a viewstack and a few images. When i distributed the packaged app to customers i got feedback that the images contained in the canvas are not being displayed. Other images are being displayed. Why is this?

• 1. Re: Viewstacks
          Francisc Level 3

Hello!

Did it work when you were testing it?

Do you have some screenshots?

Can you post some code to see?

• 2. Re: Viewstacks
            machelslack_31 Level 1

There is no hard coding. The images were loaded in design view and uploaded using properties. Let me know if you or any f your buddies got any answers.

• 3. Re: Viewstacks
              Francisc Level 3

It's hard to say with no code to see for possible problems, for me at least.

The first thing that pops to mind is that ViewStacks MUST have a container as it's child and not any component.

So you would have to have a Canvas, HBox etc as the child of a ViewStack and in that put the elements you want shown.

• 4. Re: Viewstacks
                Gregory Lafrance Level 6

You may want to verify that you are embedding the images using the Embed directive. If you install the AIR app and check the install directory, you may find that the images are not installed. In that case if you use the Embed directive it may fix the issue.

If this post answers your question or helps, please mark it as such.

• 5. Re: Viewstacks
                  machelslack_31 Level 1

MASH, i used canvases as child elements and quite frankly i'm stumped. If you give me your email i should be able to send you the air file with the source enabled.

• 6. Re: Viewstacks
                    machelslack_31 Level 1

Lefrance, Im some what familiar with embedding images. I used a few custom images to embed as buttons. However the viewstack contains canvas child elements with roughly 10-15 image tags. Are you saying i need to embed all the images to the canvas? If so, how do i go about doing that?

• 7. Re: Viewstacks
                      Gregory Lafrance Level 6

This is how to embed the source for an Image:

<mx:Image id="image0" source="@Embed(source='circleSquare.swf', symbol='greenSquare')"

If this post answers your question or helps, please mark it as such.

• 8. Re: Viewstacks
                        machelslack_31 Level 1

Great that works.

I am having a problem playing video clips. The code i use is

<mx:VideoDisplay id="myVid" height="158" width="211" source="file:////Users/machelbryan-slack/ERUV_APPLICATION/commercial.flv" autoPlay="true"/>

And the error message is

Error: 1000: Unable to make connection to server or to find FLV on server.

at mx.controls.videoClasses::VideoPlayer/play()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\frame work\src\mx\controls\videoClasses\VideoPlayer.as:1327]

at mx.controls::VideoDisplay/play()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\ controls\VideoDisplay.as:1464]

at videotrial/___videotrial_Button1_click()[/Users/machelbryan-slack/Documents/Flex Builder 3/ERUV Version 1/src/videotrial.mxml:14]

I not sure what to do. The files are located on my hard drive. In another instance when i try embedding the files i get an error message stating that the mime type is not recognised.
                        • 9. Re: Viewstacks
                          Francisc Level 3

I think you are referencing the video file wrongly.

Try a relative address if possible (videos/...), if not try the absolute one: C:/videos/...

If you are trying to stream from an internet source, use the URL.