3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2009 10:39 PM by azmatswabi

Dynamic Flash Ads Using Php and Mysql and Flash

azmatswabi

Hi

I am developing an advertisement website...in which i want to provide a facility to my visitors to place animated flash banners...I want to provided them some sample 10 or 15 animations in flash with some images and text....they will choose the animations they like and change there  text and images according to their wishes....I know php....so what i think it as...that they will select an ad sample...and send me text and images through some php form..and it will be stored in database or session and that data will be transfered to the selected flash ad...So i want to know how to accomplish this...If u guys know some tutorials regarding this.i will be very grateful

• 1. Re: Dynamic Flash Ads Using Php and Mysql and Flash
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

with as2 use the loadvars class to send data between flash and your php file(s).  and, if you're using as3, use the urlloader class to send data between flash and your php file(s).

• 2. Re: Dynamic Flash Ads Using Php and Mysql and Flash
            azmatswabi Level 1

Thank you very much MR KGLAD for your response...i will be using actionscript...but can u please at least give me workflow of how i will be accomplishing that?or can u send me links of some resources or tutorials regarding that?i will be very grateful

• 3. Re: Dynamic Flash Ads Using Php and Mysql and Flash
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

you almost certainly will need someone to do this for you.  you should consider hiring someone.

but, you'll need to, at least:

1.  present your sample swfs

2.  those swfs will need to load their image and text data.

3.  you'll need to save the id of the chosen swf.

4.  you'll need to present an interface to allow the user to specify the text to use and the images to use.

5.  you'll need to upload the images to your sever (using the filereference class in flash and php).

6.  you'll need to register/log your user

7.  you'll need to save the  swf id, text and image path/names to your database.