3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2009 2:39 PM by new age outlaw

Adobe Premiere 8 Importing questions

new age outlaw

Overall comparing to other editing software, Premiere 8 is perfect for me. However, I have an issue regarding importing .mts files.

I have been using this Emicsoft MTS Converter 4.0.06 and converted the files  .AVI and WMV and both files open up in Windows media normally. But when I open the file in Adobe premiere, the video drags but the sound is fine.Can I convert these files through Premiere? Is there a better software I should be using?

I have a Dell Laptop with Windows XP and two external drives.

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere 8 Importing questions
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Do you presently have Premiere Elements 8?

ATR

• 2. Re: Adobe Premiere 8 Importing questions
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Could you clarify if you are having the problem importing .mts directly into Premiere Elements 8 (Get Media/Files & Folders)?

I am not sure if you are having problem in Premiere Pro or Premiere Elements (v?) with the .AVI and .WMV originating from .mts.

I do not have issues importing .mts directly into Premiere Elements 8 (Get Media/Files & Folders). If this is your situation, have you rendered the Premiere Elements 8 Timeline content by pressing the Enter Key of the computer main keyboard to get a better preview (video and audio wise)?

What is the source and video/audio codecs used in this original file with the file extension of .mts?

ATR

• 3. Re: Adobe Premiere 8 Importing questions
              new age outlaw Level 1

I do not have issues importing .mts directly into Premiere Elements 8 (Get Media/Files & Folders). If this is your situation, have you rendered the Premiere Elements 8 Timeline content by pressing the Enter Key of the computer main keyboard to get a better preview (video and audio wise)?

I have not imported directly from the MTS into Adobe 8. I used that converter program instead I have no idea how to do that through

premiere.

What is the source and video/audio codecs used in this original file with the file extension of .mts?

If you mean the source of the video itself, it is straight from the camera which is a Canon HF 200 from a 32 GB card.

I am using the trial version of Premiere 8. The program will arrive sometime this week.

As you can see I am pretty new at this so any help is greatly appreciated.