2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2009 12:03 AM by Mylenium

Assigning custom shape particle & time counter

Cris is Bliss Level 1

Was watching a tutorial on Trapcodes Particular and was trying to recreate what I saw with the AE Particle generating effects (Particle system II, Paricle World and Particle Playground).  Within any of the 3 particle effects, is there the ability to assign a custom shape or layer for the particle generator.  I could not find it and just want to make sure that I did not over look anything.

p.s. Awhile ago I had changed my time counter from time to frames and I can't remember where I did it,  I looked through the AE preferences but cant find it there or maybe I'm getting the settings of Pre Pro mixed up with AE, but in the tutorial I was watching his counter was in time (hr:min:sec:frames)

• 1. Re: Assigning custom shape particle & time counter
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8
          > Awhile ago I had changed my time counter from time to frames and I can't remember where I did it,

See "Change time-display units".

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Assigning custom shape particle & time counter
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Was watching a tutorial on Trapcodes Particular and was trying to recreate what I saw with the AE Particle generating effects (Particle system II, Paricle World and Particle Playground).  Within any of the 3 particle effects, is there the ability to assign a custom shape or layer for the particle generator.  I could not find it and just want to make sure that I did not over look anything.

Well, in Particular you simply change the emitter type to Layer or Layer Grid and pick an existing 3D layer. You may just need to considerably increase the number of particles to see anything due to how the layer is sampled as well as increase the grid density in the Settings panel. Then all you need to do is finetune it. The CC effects do not support any of that.

Mylenium