1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 17, 2008 6:07 PM by Newsgroup_User

Template Problems in MX

Hittman6
      I’m using Dreamweaver MX 2004. I recently changed hosts, and put two web sites on one account. Website2 is a folder under Website1, and the host redirects the URL there, so end users see www.website2.com in the URL.

The file structure is

Site1
      -folder1
      -folder2...
      -templates...
      -folder3...
      -site2
      --templates
      --page1.html
      --page2.html...

Everything worked fine until I changed the template in the templates folder under site2. It updated the files, but messed up the paths in all the links.

<link href="ppa2.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
      . . .
      <td width="11%" class="button2"> <a href="finalistsPPA5.html" class="nounderline">Finalists</a> </td>
      <td width="10%" class="button2"> <a href="winnersPPA4.html" class="nounderline">Winners</a> </td>
      <td width="10%" class="button2"><a href="podcast.html" class="nounderline">Podcast</a></td>

became:

<link href="ppa2.css" rel="/templates/stylesheet" type="text/css">
      . . .
      <td width="11%" class="button2"> <a href="/templates/finalistsPPA5.html" class="nounderline">Finalists</a> </td>
      <td width="10%" class="button2"> <a href="/templates/winnersPPA4.html" class="nounderline">Winners</a> </td>
      <td width="10%" class="button2"><a href="/templates/podcast.html" class="nounderline">Podcast</a></td>

I've tried several things, with no luck.

I tried putting the .dwt file in the top "templates" folder, applied the code (to restored files) and got the same result. I tried loading individual pages and applying the template. That turned them into a .txt file.

One thing I haven't tried, because I just thought of it while typing this, is creating a second site within Dreamweaver that points to \site2 as the root. Is this likely to work, or is there a better way to do it?
        • 1. Re: Template Problems in MX
          Level 7

> is
          > creating a second site within Dreamweaver that points to \site2 as the root.
          > Is this likely to work, or is there a better way to do it?

Define it as two separate and unique sites.
          Don't nest them.

use the "host directory" line of remote info to specify the correct folder
          for site2

Also- are the links correct in the template?
          the links actually point to the correct path and "work" in the template?

--
          Alan
          Adobe Community Expert, dreamweaver

http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/