8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2009 6:07 PM by Steve Grisetti

PE8 Problem -

Steve C2 Level 2

"The file archive part of Adobe Premiere Elements 8 Content is missing.  You need all parts in the same folder in order to extract Adobe Premiere Elements 9 Content.  Please download all parts."

Any suggestions.  The following 2 files were downloaded:

1) PremiereElements_8_Content_WWEFDJ.7z.dlm (DLM file)  size=3732580kb

2) PremiereElements_8_Content_WWEFDJ.7z (application)    size=1200kb

I have tried installing from administrator logon and have tried disabling antivirus.

OS - Windows Vista Ultimate - 32-bit.

Thanks,

Steve

• 1. Re: PE8 Problem -
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

From the FAQs to the right of this forum:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/390607?tstart=0

• 2. Re: PE8 Problem -
            Steve C2 Level 2

Hi Steve,

I was on the phone with tech support until a little while ago.  As explained to me, the download link that was provided is faulty, since the file downloaded without an "exe" extension.  I was told by Customer Service to call back in two days.

• 3. Re: PE8 Problem -

Please let us know what you find out so we can update the FAQ. Thanks, Steve!

• 4. Re: PE8 Problem -
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Steve C2

Adboe Customer Service/Technical Service should give you the party line which should work for you.

But, I will offer my observations, just in case...

I had no trouble downloading and installing Premiere Elements 8 (tryout) if I used Internet Explorer..I have version 6). After I hit launch, the appropriate data appeared to be unzipped and ready for installation. As far as I knew, my computer had a unzip feature which was working.

However, when I went to download Photoshop Elements 8 (tryout), I had a terrible time. After several tries, I finally got it to download. But, I ended up with a folder which would not install because messages said the computer could not handle the .7z. Unzipping was required. So I downloaded WinZip and asked it to unzip the folder and any components within the zipped folder that needed unzipping. The installation went perfect after than WinZip unzipping.

I do not know if any of the above applies to your situation. If so, great. If not, just discard.

ATR

• 5. Re: PE8 Problem -
                  Kodebuster Level 3

It is hard to believe that Adobe PhotoShop would provide install files that would require an add-on Zip program to extract them.

You'd have thunk that by this point in time thay would have had this figured out by now (how about executables that extract upon running).

I have not tried the PE8 trial yet, but my install experience with PE7 was okay...

• 6. Re: PE8 Problem -
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Kodebuster

The evening that I decided to download the Photoshop Elements 8 and Premiere Elements 8 tryouts from Adobe, I started with Premiere Elements 8 and had no problems. When the two files for Premiere Elements 8 were both 100%, I hit launch and the path to installation was fine. No need to install WinZip.

Yet, that same evening, when I next went to download Photoshop Elements 8, I tried several times by hitting the download for Photoshop Elements 8 at Adobe. Over a period of several hours and several tries, I kept getting Premiere Elements 8 downloaded. Finally in the early hours of the morning, when I hit the download for Photoshop Elements 8 at Adobe, I got Photoshop Elements 8 files downloading. Those were the files that had the unzip issue. So, I am not sure if that was/is business as usual for Adobe or a problem unique to that specific problematic situation.

ATR

• 7. Re: PE8 Problem -
                      Steve C2 Level 2

Thank you to Steve, ATR, and the others who have responded.

The following is the solution and some notes for people who might experience similar problems in the future.

I solved the problem by doing another download.  First, to answer the question of whether Firefox will work - the download worked the fifth time around.

Through Googling - I found an Adobe page that mentioned that this problem can occur due to an incomplete download.   You can find the Adobe page through the google search "adobe 7-zip dlm".  The page, "kb2.adobe.com/cps/407/kb407752.html", is currently unavailable, but you can see enough of the description in google to not need to see the actual page, anyway.

It is difficult to initially determine, if one looks at the size of the downloaded file, that one has an incomplete download since the file, as described by its attributes in Windows, is at its full size at the beginning of the download.

To answer the question regarding compression, yes - Adobe compresses the file.  After running the de-compression exe, you end up with 7.24GB instead of the original 3.55GB file.  7-zip is apparently a compression routine.  I haven't tried it on the successful download, but the Adobe decompression utility runs well and I don't see the reason to not use it.  There is a downloadable 7-zip program at download.com and information at 7-zip.org.

• 8. Re: PE8 Problem -

Thanks very much for reporting back, Steve.