3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2009 3:34 PM by bcfcok RSS

Photoshop Elements 8 and Camera Raw

I have Elements 8 installed on my Dell notebook (INSPIRON mini) I have installed the Camera Raw 5.5 plug-in and I am using a Nikon D90 camera.

The plug-in has been installed in "Program files/Adobe/Photoshop Elements 8/Plug-Ins/File Formats/ and the file name is Camera Raw.8BI

Every time I click on a NEF file to load into camera raw, a window appears in Elements saying reading camera raw format and a progress bar under it, when the file has been loaded it opens up in Elements and not in Camera raw. I am now at a lose as what else I can do to correct this problem.

Any ideas???

• 1. Re: Photoshop Elements 8 and Camera Raw

Try updating your video card drivers. It worked for me.

• 2. Re: Photoshop Elements 8 and Camera Raw
            b_gossweiler Community Member

1) Location of Camera Raw Plugin

With PSE8, the file Camera Raw.8bi has been moved from

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 8.0\Plug-Ins\File Formats

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\Elements 8\File Formats

This is not documented in the ACR 5.5 Installation Guide yet, but PSE 8 comes with ACR 5.5 anyway.

2) ACR not loading, but PSE Editor

This sounds to me like the Screen Resolution Problem described here.

Beat Gossweiler

• 3. Re: Photoshop Elements 8 and Camera Raw
              bcfcok Community Member

Thank you.

The problem was resolved by simply updating the video card device drivers.

Thanks to tech.support at onOne Software who suggested it might be the case.

This was the driver I had was NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Driver Date 02/08/2008  Driver version

This is the driver I have now is NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Driver Date 27/09/2009Driver version

kind regards