14 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2009 2:13 AM by splhunter

no sound on adobe premiere pro cs4 after update 4.1

splhunter

Hello forum - i hope you can help me. Please also be patient with me as i am not some IT expert like a lot of the guys on here.

heres the basics.

When capturing video and audio from my MiniDV player to an adobe premiere pro project i can hear the sound and see the video in the capture window. as soon as i save the file and move it to the timeline i loose the audio - the "rubber band" is just a contant flat line. If i open the file i just captured using windows media player it plays fine with audio. I can go back to old project which i completed before the problem started and audio is missing there too.

heres details from such a clip

File Path: C:\Users\harveys\FOOTAGE\SPL\FALKIRK\080609holvity45 ht analysis
      Type: Matrox AVI
      File Size: 669.2 MB
      Image Size: 720 x 576
      Pixel Depth: 24
      Frame Rate: 25.00
      Source Audio Format: 32000 Hz - 16 bit - Stereo
      Project Audio Format: 32000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo
      Total Duration: 00:03:08:04
      Average Data Rate: 3.6 MB / second
      Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.4587
      Codec Type: DV/DVCAM
      Bit Depth: 8
      Scan Mode: Interlaced - Upper Field First
      Timecode: 08:06:40:00
      Reel Name: 'Untitled Tape'
      User Timecode: 08:06:40:00
      User Reel Name: 'Untitled Tape'
      Actual Image Size: 720 x 576
      Created: Monday, February 09, 2009 at 12:43:49

I have been having this problem now for months. My work up until now has not needed audio but i am using a project which needs me to sort this problem out now.

When i had Adobe premiere pro 4.0 back in January my adobe premiere pro worked without problem. My computer then started crashing when i used adobe media encoder to output the files to windows media.

I phoned adobe support. After several phone calls they eventually sorted it by renaming some folders. As part of trying to solve that fault they told me to upgrade to 4.1. As soon as i did this then the below prom started. If i now go back to version 4.0 premiere just contantly crashes.

If i go back to projects that worked great last january - that i havent touched since - they no longer work.

Just to throw in extra confusion - and i dont know why it has suddenly started working???

this fault also happened when i plugged my video cameras. I tried these again recently and they now work and the audio stays within premiere.

If i am adding an itunes audio file for instance this has always worked.

My computer is soley used for adobe premiere cs4. I am using Windows Vista Ultimate service pack 1 on a dell inter core 2 quad cpu Q6600 @2.40Ghz with 3g of ram. 32 bit operating system. I have a matrox rtx2 card and a ATI radeon HD3650 video card.

The fault persists if i use the computer directly or the matrox card (using the different pre settings within premiere)

As i said i am no it expert so i dont know if i have told you what you need to know - if any other  info is required please just ask.

Hope someone can help - thank you

steve