7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2009 10:03 AM by A.T. Romano

Blurry preview window and timeline Pre 7

rajsangeet

I have a Dell 530s PC with 3 GB of Ram and 500 GB of hard drive. Its running Vista 32 bit on dual 2.83 GHz processor. I have created an image file [jpg] that shown very clear in Photoshop Element 7. When I bring the same file in Premiere Element 7, the file shows up very blurry in timeline and in preview window the render [avi] is also blurry. Will installing a basic video cardhelp in this case? Please help. Raj

• 1. Re: Blurry preview window and timeline Pre 7
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

The video card won't make any difference.

What you may be seeing is a difference in resolution. Video is the equivalent of a 640x480 pixel image -- much lower than the resolution of your original piece. This will look just fine on TV but, even on your computer (which has at least 4 to 5 times the resolution of your TV) is will look fuzzy or pixelated at full screen.

• 2. Re: Blurry preview window and timeline Pre 7
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Raj

What are the pixel dimensions of the jpeg image that you have created in Photoshop Elements 7 and how did you bring it into Premiere Elements 7?

What project preset (new project) dialog did you set for Premiere Elements 7 at the opening of the program?

From your description, after you dragged the jpeg to the Premiere Elements 7 Timeline, I am understanding that:

a. the image in the Edit Mode Monitor was blurry

b. when you double clicked the jpeg on the Timeline, the image in the Preview Window that opened was also blurry

I need answers to the above questions to give a better answer, but for now let us assume that you had a 1000 x 750 (no more than that) pixel jpeg and brought that into Premiere Elements 7 with a project preset (new project dialog) = NTSC DV Standard (720 x 480 pixels).

a. What is your Monitor Maginifcation, Fit or 100% or other (to get to Monitor Magnification, right click the Monitor, select Magnification, followed by set.

Try 100%.

b. With your jpeg on the Timeline, did you press the Enter Key of the computer main keyboard to get the best possible preview in the Edit Mode Monitor?

Before the process, there is a red line over the Timeline content, after a green line. Render the Timeline this way if you have not done so already and see if the blur is gone.

c. Right click the jpeg on the Timeline, select Field Options, and click on Always Deinterlace and see if that makes a difference.

How were you planning on exporting the Timeline content? DVD-VIDEO. If so, whatever blur or no blur, continue to Share/Disc/Disc with the NTSC Standard Dolby Digital DVD choice and burn to disc and see what that looks like on your DVD Player.

ATR

• 3. Re: Blurry preview window and timeline Pre 7
              rajsangeet Level 1

Hi Steve and A.T.,

Thank you both for responding. The original image is 3600X2400 with 150 resolution. So Let me reduce the pixels size and see what happens. My project is set to NTSC-DV-Standard-48KKz. I have tried the suggestions to improve the monitor output to no avail. I think you guys are onto something about the image size.

Thank you very very much!

Raj

• 4. Re: Blurry preview window and timeline Pre 7

And, as we've said, remember that your computer monitor is many times the resolution of your TV -- so don't just the quality of your video at full-screen on your computer.

If your computer monitor is set to even 1280x960, video at full resolution will only take up about 1/4 of your monitor!

• 5. Re: Blurry preview window and timeline Pre 7
                  rajsangeet Level 1

Hi Steve and A.T.,

I just tried it with 720X480 pixel image. It looks great. Funny things is even Adobe techline wasn't helpful. They asked me to add the "Sharpen" effect to control the blurr. I thank you for bailing me out!

Raj

• 6. Re: Blurry preview window and timeline Pre 7

That's why we're here and it's why we created Muvipix.com, Raj! To answer the questions even the techs can't answer!

• 7. Re: Blurry preview window and timeline Pre 7
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Raj

I was glad to learn that you have completed your project successfully. Great work. You came to the good place here, and we were pleased to help you.

Never hesitate to ask a question and even question the answers and then go with what works for you.  We all learn in the questioning and answering process.

Continued success...the best is yet to come.

ATR