I'm upgrading from a company-built PC that has a history of crashing to a custom BOXX workstation at the end of the month and will be running Windows 7. I've read on some of the forums that CS4.1 has some issues with Win7 and I'm wondering if the upgrade to 4.2 will be free and automatic via downloadable updates, or if I should wait to purchase my copy of CS4 until after they release 4.2? (I'm currently using CS3).
In the past point releases have always been free. What Adobe decides this time is a question to ask them. Anyway, the 4.2 release is expected shortly, my guess is within weeks after Win7 has been officially released.
CS4.1 has some issues with Win7
I have not found that to be the case myself.