3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2009 7:16 AM by kglad

Communicate between loaded SWF's

richiebeno

I have a base SWF, and I am loading a another SWF into a movieClip array... i need to communicate from the loaded SWF to the base SWF i tried _root but think this only goes to the root of the loaded movieClip any ideas?

This is what I tried:

on (release) {

_root.moveContent(2);

}

thanks in advance

Rich

• 1. Re: Communicate between loaded SWF's
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

_root always refers to the current _levels main timeline.  your main swf is always in _level0.  unless you load a swf into another _level, _root will always reference the main timeline of your main (or loading) swf.

you can reference the main timeline of the loaded swf by referencing the target movieclip into which the swf was loaded.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Communicate between loaded SWF's
            richiebeno Level 1

I don't think I explained correctly... I have a base SWF (index.swf) which I load another SWF into (home.swf) I need action in the home.swf to go to the main timeline in index.swf

Thanks in advance for any further help

• 3. Re: Communicate between loaded SWF's
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

again, if home.swf is loaded into a target movieclip, _root or _level0 will reference the index main timeline.

if home.swf is loaded into a non-zero _level, then _level0 only will reference index'es main timeline.

1 person found this helpful