1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 20, 2009 2:14 AM by smeagol-fish

Bundled Deployment Fails on Mac (Tiger)

smeagol-fish Level 1

I have created a Mac OS X package to deploy an Air application using the "sidecar" method.

The package installs fine on a "Leopord" version of Mac OS X but fails with an error on "Tiger" (Intel & PPC). I have tested on 3 differemnt machines and the error is the same.

The full logs are shown below:

airinstall.log

Starting silent x1 install from file:///private/tmp/Stratas2009/Applications/SPS.air
      UI SWF load is complete
      stateRunningAppInstaller: appinstaller -runtime "/private/tmp/Stratas2009/Applications/Adobe AIR Installer.app/Contents/Frameworks" -silent -withRuntime -url -location /Applications -programMenu -eulaAccepted file:///private/tmp/Stratas2009/Applications/SPS.air
      App installer failed; exit code -1
      begin quitting

airappinstall.log 

Starting silent app install of file:///private/tmp/Stratas2009/Applications/SPS.air
      UI SWF load is complete
      UI initialized
      Unpackaging to /private/var/tmp/folders.0/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp0
      unpackaging is complete
      application is bound to side-by-side version 1.0
      application is bound to this version of the runtime
      app id SPS
      pub id 2F20328284440FA9700058475275D1B7334685B8.1
      Application not located
      creating native installer in: /private/var/tmp/folders.0/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp1
      native installer creation complete
      Starting install
      Destination for installed application is /Applications
      Beginning install
      Copying /private/tmp/Stratas2009/Applications/Adobe AIR Installer.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework to /Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework
      Copying /private/tmp/Stratas2009/Applications/Adobe AIR Installer.app to /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Uninstaller.app
      Copying /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Uninstaller.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/Current/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app to /private/var/tmp/folders.0/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp2/file1
      Deleting /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Uninstaller.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/Current/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app
      Copying /private/tmp/Stratas2009/Applications/Adobe AIR Installer.app to /Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/Adobe AIR Updater.app
      Copying /Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/Adobe AIR Updater.app/Contents/Frameworks to /private/var/tmp/folders.0/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp2/file2
      Deleting /Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/Adobe AIR Updater.app/Contents/Frameworks
      Copying /private/tmp/Stratas2009/Applications/Adobe AIR Installer.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app to /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app
      Registering /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app/Contents/Info.plist
      Copying /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app/Contents/Info.plist to /private/var/tmp/folders.0/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp2/file3
      Deleting /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app/Contents/Info.plist
      chown of /Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework completed with status 0
      chown of /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app completed with status 0
      chown of /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Uninstaller.app completed with status 0
      Copying /private/var/tmp/folders.0/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp1/Template to /Applications/SPS.app
      chown of /Applications/SPS.app completed with status -1
      Execution complete; beginning commit phase
      Deleting /private/var/tmp/folders.0/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp2/file1
      Deleting /private/var/tmp/folders.0/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp2/file2
      Deleting /private/var/tmp/folders.0/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp2/file3
      Commit complete
      starting cleanup of temporary files
      application installer exiting

The problem line appears to be:

chown of /Applications/SPS.app completed with status -1

It seems to have be un-successful and hence the exitcode is non-zero. Question is, is there anything different being done when the installation process takes place on a "Tiger" than a "Leopord" OS?

The installer runs the package installation with root permissions. So I am lost why a simple chown is failing. I should also note even though the "Installation failed" as reported by the installer, the application is launchable. Other things I have observed is the applciation icon doesn't show up when I view the application in the "Finder". I beleive it is related to not being able to run the "chown" operation successfully. I don't know what other issues will crop up since the deployment wasn't perfect.

cheers,

paCkeT