2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2009 3:13 PM by Griffin9Mex

SWF with xml and css to flv format..need help

Griffin9Mex

I have slideshow that is your typical stand alone .swf with accompanying .xml and .css configuration files along with a folder for the images. I don't have the .fla

I need to flatten this or merge it all together to create an flv. Is this possible and if so how do I do this?

Because this is a client I can't just re-create another slide show..it needs to be exactly the same. For me to redo it entirely in fla would be so very time consuming as the slides have 2-3 different effects each and to get the timing exactly right would be near impossible.

I hope someone has a magical solution for me.

• 1. Re: SWF with xml and css to flv format..need help
          robdillon Most Valuable Participant

Have you tried a screen recorder to create a video of the .swf as it plays?

• 2. Re: SWF with xml and css to flv format..need help
            Griffin9Mex Level 1

Actually Rob, right after posting I came across a post mentioning screen

recorders and tried 5 of them. However, I am either not using the right

settings or the progs I tried weren't good enough cause all of them have

some freeze and jump during recording and the vids don't come out smooth. I

think this may be because although they allow you to set frames per seconds

for recording, they all vary that setting during the actual recording. I can

see the frames per second going from 18 to 12. I am not really experienced

in video.

Here's the list of those I tried: CamStudio, Free screen recorder, BB

Flashback2 express, BSR screen recorder 4 and ZealSoft.

If you happen to know of a really good one or what the right settings might

be I'd be glad to hear it.

By the way, so far, you seem to be the only one who got my question

right..all other replies I got from varying forums tell me to google swf

converters.

Thanks bud.

Griffin