4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2009 5:44 PM by temple16

Imported swf

temple16

Is it theoretically possible to output an swf file from one Catalyst project, re-import it into another and retain it's previous functionality when running the project in a browser?  Been trying for a while but can't get it working...

• 1. Re: Imported swf
          acath Level 4

Yes, it is theoretically possible. What's the problem?

• 2. Re: Imported swf
            temple16 Level 1

I created a test catalyst project, basically a button that transitions to another state (page2), and when clicked again goes back to the original state (page1).  I published the swf, named it test.swf. 

Started a new project, navigate to where I published the swf... I have a folder called "test" containing 2 folders, "deploy-to-web" and "run-local". Each contains a number of files including a main.swf.  I select this and it appears on the stage, but now when I run the project it doesn't appear.

So I'm thinking that I need to tell Catalyst what I want it to do with the swf when the page loads, but I'm unsure how to go about doing this.

• 3. Re: Imported swf
              acath Level 4

Hi Temple,

I tried to replicate this issue, and it didn't work for me either. I actually saw very curious behavior - where I expected the embedded SWF, I saw my original SWF replicated - like when you create a feedback loop with a TV and a video camera.

I will file a bug - that ain't right.

-Adam

• 4. Re: Imported swf
                temple16 Level 1

Hi Adam

Yeah, what you described also happened to me in another test... I wonder if it has something to do with both *.swf files been called main.  They're contained in seperate folders but have the same name.

I actually found a way to achieve what I'm trying to do by creating a custom component, but it still means that I have to replicate my state transitions multiple times (kind of wish they'd be duplicated too when I duplicate a state).

Thanks for your help so far.

t16