4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2009 8:28 PM by Barb__O

1920x1080 for Pre, what size should you size in Pse 7 for Premiere 7?

sghmotorhome

I used 1920x1080 in size for Pse 7  and transfer the photos to Pre 7 and l had black above and below, both sides on a horzontal and will as verticle photos.  What is the correct settings for Photoshop Elements 7  to transfer into Premiere 7  and give full picture on a LCD Sony TV?

• 1. Re: 1920x1080 for Pre, what size should you size in Pse 7 for Premiere 7?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

In depends on whether you're creating a video that is to be shown on a widescreen or 4:3 LCD. It appears you may be creating a 16:9 image.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: 1920x1080 for Pre, what size should you size in Pse 7 for Premiere 7?
            sghmotorhome Level 1

Steve this is very nice of you to help.  I am creating a 16:9 video from

pictures that are 4:3                It appears that the 16:9 crop in quick

fix is not the size I need when I get to Pre.   What size should I use in

Pse 7 to get the proper results in Pre 7.    any help would be great.  sgh

• 3. Re: 1920x1080 for Pre, what size should you size in Pse 7 for Premiere 7?
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

As I said, it depends on the aspect ratio of your final piece.

In your first post you described unwanted letterboxing. That makes me think you're creating 16:9 photos for a 4:3 project.

• 4. Re: 1920x1080 for Pre, what size should you size in Pse 7 for Premiere 7?
                Barb__O Level 4

"What is the correct settings for Photoshop Elements 7  to transfer"

For the transfer out of Photoshop Elements:

Some people have said that the following will work to give you 16:9 on the transfer from PSE to PRE. Now I am not totally convinced that it will always work, but I think it is worth your trying it.

-- In the Photoshop Elements Slide Show Editor Preferences, CHECK the box for CROP of Landscape photos. Do this even if you have already cropped the photos to 16:9 aspect ratio (which I think you have)

For the processing in Premiere Elements:

Steve's post referenced the probability that you are not using a Premiere Elements project setting with a 16:9 aspect ratio.

To fix that problem,

I recommend that you open Premiere Elements yourself and make sure that an appropriate (SD or HD) 16:9 aspect ratio Premiere Elements project is open BEFORE you send/transfer that slideshow from PSE to PRE.  (In other words do not rely on the automatic starting of PRE when the slideshow is sent.)

Note: If you did extensive pan or zoom in making the slide show in Photoshop Elements. there may be some additional steps in Premiere Elements that can improve the final image quality.  But I suggest that the aspect ratio problem be solved first.

A totally different approach would be:

consider doing the entire slide show in Premiere Elements, especially since it is a widescreen slide show.  You may wish to consider that approach if the above suggestions do not give you what you want.