4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2009 12:13 PM by Handycam

Advanced Data Grid - grouping label column span?

Handycam Level 1

When I make the column a proper width for the layout, it clips the grouping label.  See image.

http://grab.by/9iT

Is there a way to perhaps have this span multiple columns, to avoid being clipped or widening the column?

• 1. Re: Advanced Data Grid - grouping label column span?
          Sameer Bhatt Adobe Employee

Use rendererProviders property of the AdvancedDataGrid and specify column span.

An example of using rendererProviders can be found here -

http://techrays.wordpress.com/2007/12/06/accessing-groupinglabel-in-summary-rows-in-advanc eddatagrid/

-Sameer

• 2. Re: Advanced Data Grid - grouping label column span?
            Handycam Level 1

This does nothing for me.  i am not sure how to use this in my context.  The example on your site is using this for an additional row as a summary.

What I need to do is set the grouping label to be multi-column, and display ONLY the label data.

As you can see, it doesn't fit in the first column:

http://grab.by/9uI

I tried using your example, but which column would "col1" be?  It's the label, not one of the columns:

<mx:AdvancedDataGrid id="shoppingGrid" dataProvider="{groupingColl}" width="100%" height="100%" styleName="shoppingGrid" 
                                      displayItemsExpanded="true" showHeaders="false" borderStyle="none" styleFunction="shoppingGrid_styleFunction">
                 <mx:columns>
                      <mx:AdvancedDataGridColumn dataField="@qty" width="120" textAlign="right" labelFunction="formatAsFraction"/>
                      <mx:AdvancedDataGridColumn dataField="@units" width="100" />
                      <mx:AdvancedDataGridColumn dataField="@caption"/>
                 </mx:columns>
                 <mx:rendererProviders>
                      <mx:AdvancedDataGridRendererProvider column="{col1}" columnSpan="2" dataField="@section" />
                 </mx:rendererProviders>
            </mx:AdvancedDataGrid>

This example does nothing. I also tried adding a column for the label data field:

<mx:AdvancedDataGrid id="shoppingGrid" dataProvider="{groupingColl}" width="100%" height="100%" styleName="shoppingGrid" 
                                 displayItemsExpanded="true" showHeaders="false" borderStyle="none" styleFunction="shoppingGrid_styleFunction">
                 <mx:AdvancedDataGridColumn id="col1" dataField="@section" width="100" />
                 <mx:AdvancedDataGridColumn dataField="@qty" width="120" textAlign="right" labelFunction="formatAsFraction"/>
                 <mx:AdvancedDataGridColumn dataField="@units" width="100" />
                 <mx:AdvancedDataGridColumn dataField="@caption"/>
                 <mx:AdvancedDataGridRendererProvider column="{col1}" columnSpan="2" dataField="@section" />

But that gives me:

http://grab.by/9uL

Wrong.  Help!

• 3. Re: Advanced Data Grid - grouping label column span?
              Sameer Bhatt Adobe Employee

You need to provide a renderer in the RendererProvider.

Here is another example -

This will only set the first column with depth 1 to span the whole row.

<mx:AdvancedDataGrid id="adg creationComplete="gc.refresh()">

<mx:dataProvider>

<mx:GroupingCollection id="gc" source="">

<mx:Grouping label="name">

<mx:GroupingField name="name" />

</mx:Grouping>

</mx:GroupingCollection>

</mx:dataProvider>

<mx:AdvancedDataGridColumn id="col1" dataField="name" />

<mx:AdvancedDataGridColumn dataField="info" />

<mx:AdvancedDataGridRendererProvider dataField="name" depth="1" column="" columnSpan="0"

renderer="mx.controls.advancedDataGridClasses.AdvancedDataGridGroupItemRenderer" />

columnSpan = 0 means that the renderer will span the whole row.

depth = 1 means that the renderer will be applied only for the rows with depth 1.

renderer - here you need the AdvancedDataGridGroupItemRenderer to be used.

-Sameer

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Advanced Data Grid - grouping label column span?
                Handycam Level 1

Thanks so much, it works now.