4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2009 7:47 AM by Todd_Kopriva

SWF for HTML, how ?

Gravious123

Hello,

I've created a composition of (772 width X 231 height). I want to put it on my website. I on the Homepage.
      I just want it to play once and then stays.

I already looked for File -> Export -> Adobe Flash Player (SWF). When its finished rendering it gives me a JavaScript file,
      a .swf file and a .HTML file. When i open the HTML it shows me a bad quality version of my Composition. (Even if i choose High-Quality)

I actually just want a explenation how i can make a clear file on my website.

I have this as HTML code as my Menu/Navigation. (I did hide the links)

<tr>
      <td height="231" align="right" valign="top" background="images/header.jpg" id="menu">

<a href="index.html">Home</a>
      <a href="1.html">1</a>
      <a href="2.html">2</a>
      <a href="3.html">3</a>
      <a href="4.html">4</a>
      <a href="5.html">5</a>
      <a href="6.html">6</a>
      <a href="7.html">7</a>
      <a href="8.html">8</a>
      <a href="9.html">9</a>

</td>
      </tr>

It looks like this:

img.jpg

(772x231)

Now i want After Effects to create a file that plays on the back, one time and then stops.

I know this has a bit of HTML as well, but i hope somebody can help me out

Gravious

• 1. Re: SWF for HTML, how ?
          Adolfo Rozenfeld Adobe Employee
          When i open the HTML it shows me a bad quality version of my Composition. (Even if i choose High-Quality)

Exporting to the SWF format is only a good idea if you consciously  limit yourself to a specific combination of source types and features that AE's SWF exporter can mantain as vector graphics instead of leading to rasterization (ie, converting vector graphics to bitmap images). This means using only text layers (with text animation, not bad), solid layers, imported vector files (AI/EPS/PDF/SWF), with basic transformations (position, scale, etc) and masks. Using any effect (with a couple of exceptions explained in the link below), 3D layers, blend modes, nested compositions, motion blur and any kind of bitmap image/video layer will make it impossible to export a vector file. And in that case, for features labeled as unsupported for vector export, the SWF format is really, really inefficient at compressing bitmaps. When this is the case, you want to use FLV (Adobe Flash Video) instead of SWF. It will give you much better quality at much lower data rates.

To read more about which features and source types are supported or unsupported for vector export when exporting to SWF, see Render and export a composition as a SWF file in After Effects help.

Now i want After Effects to create a file that plays on the back, one time and then stops.

I think that's what the HTML from AE's SWF exporter will do if you turn off the "Loop continuously" checkbox in the SWF export dialog, right?

• 2. Re: SWF for HTML, how ?
            Gravious123 Level 1

I already recognized my Blur, Lens Flare, Light etc didnt show on the SWF file

As you said about exporting it to FLV. How ??, i can't find it anywhere... (Im using CS4 Trial)

And if anyone is good with HTML:

<td height="231" align="right" valign="top" background="images/header.jpg" id="menu">

I want the Bold Underlined Italic part to be my "movie.flv"

As you can see on the image in my previous post. Thats the header with my links on it.

• 3. Re: SWF for HTML, how ?
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Gravious, I'm afraid you are asking your questions for all the wrong reasons. A serious web designer would never do what you are trying to do. The "correct" way to embed SWFs is to have them reside in their own DIVs, so they are isolated from the rest of the page content programmatically. Avoids many issues with rendering overlapping elements of HTML ands the SWF. Yes, a DIV can also reside in a table, but that's not the preferred way. Additionally, you do not embed SWFs directly, but rather via special JavaScript code. Dreamwever generates it automatically when embedding an SWF file, but you can find it everywhere on the Internet with variations and examples. This has to do with testing versions of Flash, installing the latest one, if necessary, and ultimately providing parameters (Flashvars) to the SWF files to determine how they play and interact. You should realyl investigate thart a bit more before proceeding to actually gnerate your file. Exporting an FLV might not be possible in the trial version for licensing reasons, though, so you will have to think of other ways. A generic way is to use some free converters and then use a premade player template set to be invisible and only play the clip. Most other stuff will require Flash, AE, InDesign or otehr tools in one way or the other. If you can figure out how to structure your AE project so quality is retained on your animated layers, XFL export to Flash would probably be the most viable option to get good quality whiel stil lbeing able to use AE's tools.

Mylenium

• 4. Re: SWF for HTML, how ?
                Todd_Kopriva Level 8
                > As you said about exporting it to FLV. How ??, i can't find it anywhere...

You render and export a movie to the FLV or F4V container format using the render queue, just as you do with other formats. Just pick FLV or F4V in the output module.

If you need to know more about the basics of rendering and exporting, see "Basics of rendering and exporting".