8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2009 12:56 PM by RWinscot

RSL Problems with DataVisualization Components and Flex 3.4 SDK

jlewark

After discovering that the 3.4.1 SDK included with Flash Builder Beta 2 seems to be incomplete (missing the data visualization components and some of the signed swz files).

I've attempted to install the latest official build SDK into Flash Builder 4 and I'm running into a problem with the RSLs for datavisualization.swz.  I did have to locate the datavisualization components on adobe.com an coppied them into the apporpiate directories.

Error #2046: The loaded file did not have a valid signature.
      Failed to load RSL http://...com/flex/rsls/datavisualization_3.4.0.9271.swz
      Failing over to RSL http://...com/flex/rsls/datavisualization_3.4.0.9271.swf

The app run fine but it isn't caching the RSLs.  Is this a known problem with attempting to use an older build of the SDK with Flash Builder or is there something else going on?  I previously was building this project with Flex 3.2 but I figured while I was at it to upgraded to the latest official 3.4 SDK.

• 1. Re: RSL Problems with DataVisualization Components and Flex 3.4 SDK
          Radhakrishna Bhat Level 3

Can you please tell us which SDK and datavisualization build are you using?

-

Radhakrishna

• 2. Re: RSL Problems with DataVisualization Components and Flex 3.4 SDK
            jlewark Level 1

Flex SDK (3.4.0.9271)

Data Visualization Components (3.4.0.9271)

I am using the latest milestone build 3.4.0.9271 found at http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/display/flexsdk/Download+Flex+3 .  I downloaded the Adobe Flex SDK verions.  And I'm using the DataVisualization Components downloaded from http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=flex3sdk .

I've updated all of the URLs in Project properties to point to proper RSLs.

• 3. Re: RSL Problems with DataVisualization Components and Flex 3.4 SDK

Thanks.

Can you please change RSL URL to your local rsl file and check?

Just change in flex-config.xml to something like this.

<runtime-shared-library-path>

<path-element>libs/datavisualization.swc</path-element>

<rsl-url>rsls/datavisualization_3.4.0.9271.swz</rsl-url>

<policy-file-url></policy-file-url>

<rsl-url>rsls/datavisualization_3.4.0.9271.swf</rsl-url>

</runtime-shared-library-path>

Make sure you copy datavisualization.swc to frameworks/libs, datavisualization_rb.swc to locale/en_US/, and datavisualization rsls to rsls/ folder.

Kindly let us know if it works.

-Radhakrishna

• 4. Re: RSL Problems with DataVisualization Components and Flex 3.4 SDK
                jlewark Level 1

So I've added the suggested lines to the flex-config.xml and it doesn't help.  I had to alter the path to the swf and swz slightly to get it to match the pre-existing entry for the framework.swz so I have the following rsl entries in my config now:

<path-element>libs/framework.swc</path-element>
                      <rsl-url>framework_3.4.0.9271.swz</rsl-url>
                      <rsl-url>framework_3.4.0.9271.swf</rsl-url>

<path-element>libs/datavisualization.swc</path-element>
                      <rsl-url>datavisualization_3.4.0.9271.swz</rsl-url>
                      <rsl-url>datavisualization_3.4.0.9271.swf</rsl-url>

If I have everything set to be merged into code or have the "Use local debug runtime shared libraries when debugging" checked then the message doesn't appear.  But the minute I attempt to load the swz from same directory as the app or crossdomain like previously I'm getting thie same basic message even with manually coping the swz to the output directory or having the checkbox for "Copy library to deployment path" box checked.

Error #2046: The loaded file did not have a valid signature.
                Failed to load RSL datavisualization_3.4.0.9271.swz
                Failing over to RSL datavisualization_3.4.0.9271.swf

I've verified that all the copies of the swz are exactly the same and that no corruption is taking place as all the copies of the swz have the same md5 of 8b3138326f85d4b5b1aae9866f3909c0.  I figured that 3.4 has been out long enough it would be a known issue is there was a problem with how the swz is signed and I'm unable to locate any such beug reports.  I can't be the 1st person to try loading 3.4's datavisualization components as an RSLs.

The corresponding section of of .actionscriptProperties file for the RSL is currently this

<libraryPathEntry index="4" kind="3" linkType="4" path="${PROJECT_FRAMEWORKS}/libs/datavisualization.swc" useDefaultLinkType="true">
                   <crossDomainRsls>
                     <crossDomainRslEntry autoExtract="true" policyFileUrl="" rslUrl="datavisualization_3.4.0.9271.swz"/>
                     <crossDomainRslEntry autoExtract="true" policyFileUrl="" rslUrl="datavisualization_3.4.0.9271.swf"/>
                   </crossDomainRsls>
                </libraryPathEntry>

• 5. Re: RSL Problems with DataVisualization Components and Flex 3.4 SDK

Hi,

Is the issue resolved?

I am able to perfectly enable RSL for datavisualization. Probably in your case, downloaded datavisualization.zip might have got corrupted. Can you please download the zip file once again and check? Let me know if the problem persists.

-

Radhakrishna

• 6. Re: RSL Problems with DataVisualization Components and Flex 3.4 SDK
                    jlewark Level 1

This is still non-functioning for me and I've re-downloaded the Flex 3.4.0 SDK and Data Visualization components from http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=flex3sdk  and I continue to get the error message above in the Flash Player Logs even after clean builds etc.  I followed the install instructions in the the DataVisualization components to the letter.

This app was orginally built using the Flex 3.2 SDK and Flex Builder 3 and now when attempting to use Flash Builder Beta 2 with the Flex 3.4 SDK.  Could there be some .properties file that isn't migrated correctly causing the problem?

• 7. Re: RSL Problems with DataVisualization Components and Flex 3.4 SDK

We are not able to reproduce this issue.  Are you using Flash Builder to enable RSL or just using commandline arguments for compiling.?

Can you please provide more detailed steps?

-Radhakrishna

• 8. Re: RSL Problems with DataVisualization Components and Flex 3.4 SDK
                        RWinscot

Might want to take a look at this issue...

https://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/SDK-18401

Cheers,

Rick Winscot

www.quilix.com